Halfrauds cycle carriers

dq1

I wondered if any of you chaps (and chapesses) have had any experience with the Halfrauds cycle carriers? Halfrauds wouldn't normally be top of my list of places to look but I've been given some vouchers.

I've googled for reviews but wanted a view from the users on here before going to the store.

Thanks in advance +++

What type?

Halfrauds sell Thule racks which are up there with the best. Very good customer service too if your break something.

I have the 2 X Thule 591 Prorides. Do a very good job, unless you have a tall car or tend to forget about low barriers!!

My mota:

trek8.jpg

Even though you've got vouchers for them, I'd be a bit careful with their own brand stuff. Invariably, if you read the customer comments on their products, they are generally quite negative with cheap manufacture being a common theme. Given the nature of the product attached to your pride and joy, I would steer clear and go for Thule.

I recently bought roof mount Thule bars and carriers from eBay UK Shop - Thule Roof Rack Bars Cycle Carriers: Bike Carriers Rear Mount, Discount Roof Rack Bars They know their stuff and seem to be quite cheap especially when compared to Halfrauds.

Edited by richy_uk

For bike rakcs, roof bars and roof carriers I ahve always bought Thule - mail order is cheapest. Personally I won't cover up the rear lights and number plate so I have the three bike (four with an adaptor) carrier that fits on a tow bar and has rear lights and a number plate. Great piece of kit but you need a tow bar!

I have the Halfords high mount rack (the cheaper one) and regulary use it to transport two bikes from Manchester to Wales on my wifes Mk4 Golf.

As long as you tighten it down again once you have got both bikes on and make sure the bottom straps are attached to something solid under the car, it is fine and sturdy. Never had a problem on the motorway

It seems very well made as well with decent straps to hold it down.

Would recommend it as it clears the lights as well so no faffing with lighting boards.

Chris

Edited by Pa55aT