Problems @ 3500rpm (Golf GT170 TSi)

MartinGT

Hello, i'm new here so sorry for this being my first post.

I have a Manual '07 Golf GT170 TSi (46k miles) and have recently developed a problem.

Basically after about 15-20mins of normal driving I start to lose Boost at exactly 3500rpm (I'm guessing this is the point the turbo takes over from the supercharger) and there is a sudden decrease in the rate of acceleration (feels like a na 1.4 engine). The problem is trying to explain this to a VW dealer as its been in twice now and they say there is no problem (very frustrating). Any suggestions on what it could be?

Thanks in advance :)

Well I decided to try a different dealer today. I took it to Bolton and first thing they did was get me to take a mechanic out and actually show him the problem as it happened. He recognised that there is definately a problem and has booked it in for next week. Hopefully this will fix it :D

Wont be going Warrington VW again! I'm not the only one that has had bad Customer Service from there either.

Just had a call from VW, they say they have replaced the N75 Valve. This sounds promising as (I fink) thats what measures boost and stops the turbo pushing too much air into the engine (slap me if i'm wrong lol). I'll know for sure when I've picked it up and drove it for 20mins though :)

Yep, all sorted, been out for an hour with no sign of the issue. I'm just really surprised Warrington VW didn't pick up on this tbh. Especially as its a pretty common fault. Oh well, you live & you learn I suppose :D

Now I can get back to enjoying my car...

• 4 months later...
Yep, all sorted, been out for an hour with no sign of the issue. I'm just really surprised Warrington VW didn't pick up on this tbh. Especially as its a pretty common fault. Oh well, you live & you learn I suppose :D

Now I can get back to enjoying my car...

I am glad you have got your car sorted mine has now been to the garage 4 times already with the same problem.

I have now seen your post and i have contact VW Barbers in Northwich and asked them when they file the report with VW to mention replacing the N75 THING.

Thanks for your post I will let you know.

Wakman

I am glad you have got your car sorted mine has now been to the garage 4 times already with the same problem.

I have now seen your post and i have contact VW Barbers in Northwich and asked them when they file the report with VW to mention replacing the N75 THING.

Thanks for your post I will let you know.

Wakman

Ok an update.

VW being VW said that it was unlikely to be this and they changed something else which they took great pride in showing the worn part. and said "that it would be the cause of my problem" 6 miles later no turbo.

Back to VW and their discus program.

Not happy at the moment feel like a little boy who has had his toy taken of him. "Not enjoying driving at all."

You need to TELL them to replace the N75 relay. Or even buy it and get another garage to change it.

They'll never admit to being advised by a mere 'punter'!

Tried that one they came back and said VW said it would generate a fault in emgine managment so they replaced the n294 valve did not work.

So i have decided to cut me losses and send it to the nearest main dealer. Given them all the info taking someone out for a drive in it to explain and show and leaving the car with them for 2 days.

The workshop manager said they have seen this before. Lets see what happens.

You need to TELL them to replace the N75 relay. Or even buy it and get another garage to change it.

They'll never admit to being advised by a mere 'punter'!

Well They have now agreed to replace the N75 Valvle after 2.5 working days of deciding what else to do.

Its going in later "might i say it i might have a fully operational car later today

It seems that after the vw / garage has run out of ideas they have decided to replace the N75 Valve.

Picked me car up yesterday and it like jumping into a new car.

Fixed.

To you all out there with the same engine any systems like above then the N75 is your answer.

I have a Golf GT 170 TSI DSG

Thanks

any questions email me [email protected]

or post here

It would appear that the fault has re-appeared.... Started doing the same thing again this morning. I am taking it back to the only VW garage that recognised the fault originally and will suggest they check th N75 valve first off. Knowing that this is becoming more than a one off for a lot of owners I wonder if they will look at the problem on a larger scale. Saying that... it has just had a new engine (long story) and they may try to attribute it to that :roflmao: