Help - lost keys

mooret

the wife has lost a set of keys for her car at work today. may have been stolen or may have been dropped. have secured the car with a steering wheel lock. should I inform insurance even if no intention to claim? If i dont and something happens where would I stand?

I'm sure the insurance company will quote your policy which will state something along the lines of "You must take reasonable care to protect your vehicle and contents" which basically means in the event of a claim by you if the claim investigator discovers the lost keys were used the claim will not be considered. Had the exact conversation with Admiral when a car park lost my keys.

You're policy may cover you fully or partially for a replacement locks and keys have a look through it.

BTW if you decide to replace the locks and keys ring, get several quotes from dealers as I found the prices ranged +/-£200 between them.

Edited by dq1
Post tea spelling

Thanks dq1. After swearing blind the keys were stolen and being convinvced someone had been in her car, she has got the missing key back this morning. She works in a shopping centre and some kind soul had found the key in the car park (probably right next to the car!) and handed it in!!!!!!

Hope thats the panics over for now. The last one was filling her diesel car with unleaded!!!!!