Which stereo have I got in my A6?

Blokie

Hi All,

I've just bought a 55 plate (registered Nov 2005) A6 3.2 FSI Quattro S-Line Tiptronic Auto. I pick the car up on Thursday.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which model of stereo I have in there, as I'd like to get iPod connectivity.

The display is the mono one, and it is a single CD unit which is located in the glove box and controlled from the centre console dial by the handbrake.

There are 2 pictures of it here:

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - A6 Stereo

I'd like to know which model I have, and also the possibilities for getting iPod connectivity or a "proper" system upgrade to a higher-spec unit.

All help much appreciated, as I've never had a VAG before!

You have MMI Basic. You can add a Dension gateway 500 Ipod interface to this car and keep your CD system intact.

If you want to upgrade to a higher system then you have two options, add a CD navigation and a CD changer to give you a basic NAV of the UK and Ireland, you can also have phone prep if you don't hvae it. Because you have an 8 button MMI panel in place already with NAV and TEL buttons it relatively straight forward.

Going higher would be an upgrade to MMI high with 6.5" full colour screen, DVD navigation and Audi AMI Ipod interface. To have this I would make sure you have an amplifier in the left hand side of the boot which makes the upgrade possible.

Edited by craigyb