Squelchy sound from suspension

mlillywh

My D3 2004 has started makinga bit of a squelchy sound when I go over speed bumps, and I'm getting a bit of a thunk as I go over medium potholes (nothing on light deviations, or heavy)

Doesnt seem to affect the handling in any way.

Any ideas before I throw myself at the mercy of the main dealer? I already went up to lift, down to sport and back to comfort but its the same symptoms.

cheers

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
Now have a different sound - a kind of knocking sound when going over all bumps. Worse than before

Back to the dealers.....

I have exactly this problem with mine at the moment. Its booked in this Friday for some bushes to be replaced in the front suspension, something to do with C arms? Anyway, its under warrenty so they are doing it free, but it is worrying as they said the bushes were dangerously knackered and i only bought the car a month and a half ago from Audi main dealer.

yeah - not a good look for a newish, top of the range car

mind you wasnt it your car that was used in the stunts for Transporter 3? That probably put a bit of wear and tear on the suspension,what with all the jumps and all...... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

All fixed now - the second rattling / knocking sound was loose steering rack bolts - which only occurred after the first piece of work. Could the two be related....... surely not :-)

Anyway back to falling in love with 'Bizzy' again - she drives smoooth now (but a little slow compared to the Q7 loaner)

Project remap here we come... :-)