falty ABS pump

dannyghost

Hi all,

I finally replaced all the gaskets and vacuum pipes and rest of the rubbery **** around engine (A8 4.2 1997.) and let me tell you there are a lot of small bits..and cost a fortune.

yesterday i took my A8 on first ride after 3 months..and rear left +front right brake has blocked .I couldnt move my car anywhere.

Today I have info from my mechanic that it shows error No. 00301 ,

and his colleague from Audi told him that it has to be one of the pistons inside of the pump doesnt come back from first position (?) .

Question is reffered to one info: pump could need coding or decoding(not shure if that is true?) , so if I buy used one can I just replace it or not?

Number on the pump (BOSCH 8E0614 111 N)

thanks.

danny

Danny, firstly welcome to TSN I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm assuming that your pistons have locked in position? What you might want to try before anything is remove the calipers, then, using the right tool, push the pistons back into the caliper manually.

Then re-try the braking. You should find that the pistons will move inwards, and will then hopefully seat themselves properly. You may need to try this several times, to get the pistons moving again. +++

Thanks.

I am removing the pump today, so will try to reinstall the pistons.

Can you tell me if there is any thruth regarding coding of the pump by Audi codes? if yes, if needed I can't use used pump without those codes?

hopefully that was just a trick from Audi dealer to go to his shop..

Thanks.

I am removing the pump today, so will try to reinstall the pistons.

Can you tell me if there is any thruth regarding coding of the pump by Audi codes? if yes, if needed I can't use used pump without those codes?

hopefully that was just a trick from Audi dealer to go to his shop..

Hi Danny,

The ABS control unit is codable depending on engine type, drivetrain etc. It is well documented what codes should be set what what car. The setup also varies depending on whether you have the optional ESP.

If you get really stuck, we do have an 8E0 614 111 M on our Ebay store which is a direct replacement for the 8E0 614 111 N that you have.... +++