Looking for 2006 3.0 TDI <50K MILES FSH

misbah

You need to decide whether you want to buy private (e.g. Autotrader) or from Audi. There's loads kicking around at various prices depending on age, milage, spec etc.

I recently bought a 2006 A8 from Audi, as i didn't want to take the risk of buying a car this complex privately. The car had new tyres, new brakes, new MOT, new service, and came with 1 year parts and labour warranty. Pretty much worry free motoring for the first year i figured. I wouldn't have got all of this if i had bought it privately, but i probably paid slightly more for it. Swings and roundabouts really!

Apparently the cost of second hand cars is actually rising at the moment, so probably best to get in there soon!

Edited by Wizbit

You need to decide whether you want to buy private (e.g. Autotrader) or from Audi. There's loads kicking around at various prices depending on age, milage, spec etc.

I recently bought a 2006 A8 from Audi, as i didn't want to take the risk of buying a car this complex privately. The car had new tyres, new brakes, new MOT, new service, and came with 1 year parts and labour warranty. Pretty much worry free motoring for the first year i figured. I wouldn't have got all of this if i had bought it privately, but i probably paid slightly more for it. Swings and roundabouts really!

Apparently the cost of second hand cars is actually rising at the moment, so probably best to get in there soon!

Thanks

I wouldnt say theres loads around (A8 is not as common as its competitors)...but very few fit my bill.

Of course we all want newer, lower mileage etc...so how much would you say a 2006 3.0 Tdi (SE) should go for? They tend to be around the £15.5k+ mark from general garages, Audi dealers dont have this age and privately I think they are around £14k

I have asked a few garages to be on the hunt for me...as you said, this complexity needs to have a comprehensive warantee, only from a Audi dealer

To be honest, if your not in a rush to get one, i would wait for one to come up on the Audi used car website. Their stock is changing all the time and so a suitable one for your needs/spec/price will come up eventually.

At least you know what your getting if you buy from an Audi dealer, and if anything does turn out to be wrong with it, they will repair it for free under the warranty.

Also be prepared to travel to secure a suitable car. I live in Northampton, but i bought mine from Yeovil Audi, as they had the right one for me in stock at the time.

Indeed.

Sorry I stated facts incorrectly. An Audi dealer offered an 05 plate for £15.9k and 06 was available privately for less

I want to buy from an Audi dealer for all the reasons you guys gave...so if you hear of any...please do let me know!