Any DIY mechanics about? Starting problem..

Ritey

I had a Kawasaki GPX750R ridden around to mine the other week, with a very weak battery, since it was ridden over it's not started. I've charged said battery, and checked it on an optimate4 and it seems ok now it's had a full charge but on the bike the solenoid just clicks. So I bought a new solenoid and with charged battery and new solenoid it still just clicks, have checked fuses and all that I could find seem ok, everything else works (horn lights etc) and I've now got a brand new battery on a 10 hour charge as advised by the shop I bought it from hoping this will solve it.

Is there likely to be something I'm missing?

No jump start it - bumping bikes is hard work & easy to fall off, but if you have to - 2nd gear, run along side jump on & at the same time drop the clutch. Moment it fires whip the clutch back in before it part wheelies, you fall off, back wheel locks up, it dies again or combination of all of the above... 750 4 stroke 4 is probably one of the easier ones to bump start but still

a last resort in my opinion.

Just a thought for when you get this far - is the petrol fresh ?

If the solenoid is anything like the one on my bike there is a small 2 pin white plug that fits in the back, it falls out easily if you move the solenoid and is a bitch to get back in properly because it's all up against the frame. Without it the solenoid doesn't work.