CO2 Emissions / car tax bracket

Wizbit

Does anybody know what the CO2 emissions are for the 3.0TDI A8?

I thought they were 224g/km, which means it creeps into the £210 per year car tax bracket.

However, my V5C registration document says mine is 231g/km, meaning i only just fall into the £400 per year tax bracket. :mad:

Does this depend on the year of the car or something?

Does anybody know what the CO2 emissions are for the 3.0TDI A8?

I thought they were 224g/km, which means it creeps into the £210 per year car tax bracket.

However, my V5C registration document says mine is 231g/km, meaning i only just fall into the £400 per year tax bracket. :mad:

Does this depend on the year of the car or something?

I dont know

UK Road Tax Prices | Vehicle Car Tax Rates | Car Tax Calculator | Vehicle Excise Duty - Parker's

btw where did you get your 3.0 tdi from (i thought they were all the same)

seems to indicate £245 by 2010

This does seem to suggest it will be £215. However, i looked on the government website yesterday and it suggested it was £400, although it didn't have the cut off at 23rd March 2006 like the Parkers link above does. Mine was registered on the 1st of March 2006, so hopefully it falls into the cheaper bracket.

It annoys me that they make it all so confusing. I guess i'll find out when my tax is due.

BTW i bought my car from Audi in yeovil.

The SWB 3.0tdi started at 231g and went to 224g sometime in 2005/6 IIRC.

It must have been on the 56 plate then, as mine is an 06 plate and my reg document definitely says 231g/km.

As it happens i'm visiting my local DVLA office this afternoon anyway to get my private plate transferred, so i will ask them to give me a definitive answer.

Just to finish this thread off, i went to my local DVLA office today and transferred my number plate to my car. They printed me a new tax disc and it had a cost of £115 on it (it was a 6 month tax disc), which i think confirms to me that i am in the lower tax bracket, as this would be about £210 for a 1 year tax disc.