Anyone having Firefox 3.0.8 problems?

CarMad

I'm having problems with Firefox, it keeps falling over after 20-30 mins surfing time. It doesn't crash with a report but it won't open any links or new pages.

It acts like there is no connection at the back end and its trying to get a page. But if I open IE or Chrome all is fine and the laptop is still on the Internet.

I've put a report into Mozilla but I'm not hopeful. Just wondered if anyone else was getting any similar issues. :(

I'm not having problems with 3.0.8 but I did have that problem with an earlier build (3.0.3 I think). I'd made a few changes in the config (shove about:config into the address bar) so I did a clean install and it was fine since.

My mother had a similar problem with an earlier build (I forgot which) and that turned out to be a problem with her user profile. If she logged in as another user it would run perfectly so I blatted her profile and created a new one.

Yeah I've created a new profile and that didn't work.

I've even completely re-built my laptop and its got minimal software (within reason) on now but the problem has returned. :(

I did un-install and re-install before I rebuilt and it didn't change a thing. :ffs:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep,

I having similar problems with 3.0.8, keeps hanging and then not responding only to come back to life shortly after. I also have the issue where it dies and needs restarting before it can access a page again..

Hopefully 3.0.9 is released soon to resolve the issue.

Jon.

Well after lots of searching and testing if I uninstall Zonealarm everything returns to normal. I found a few posts to say the same elsewhere.

No idea if its a Firefox or a Zonealarm issue but either way they don't work well together at the moment. I even tried 3.1 beta 3 and the problem still persisted. :mad: