[Audi A3/S3] A3 Sport - Catalytic Converter

inspectorgadget

HELP!!!! My 2005 A3 2.0 FSI has just come back from my Audi main stealer where they slapped me with a £1300 bill for my heater matrix / service (long story) only to tell me on collection that the rattling noise I could hear is my Catalytic Converter & it's going to cost £740 inc rebate for old one & labour to replace - It rattles when on idle. The rattle is at the rear of the car & they have said it's just the cat box & the internals that are breaking up inside (plausible).

Question: Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper replacement...my credit cards are maxxed out because of the last bill so cannot spend another £700 with the stealer :(

Give Dean a ring at 4 Rings Ltd, ex Audi Mechanic who now has his own business, in fact I think there are of them now... comes highly recommended +++

Based in Dartford, but i'm sure he'd travel round the '25 :grin:

Many thanks for the advice - will keep to hand for future ref, actually managed to get one from Longlife Stainless Exhausts Longlife Exhausts - Performance exhausts, exhausts, sports performance exhausts, bespoke exhausts, custom exhausts paid 1/4 of Audi's price with 2 year warranty - great bunch of guys :) Would defo recommend them!

Edited by inspectorgadget