[Audi A3/S3] 8L S3 2WD rolling road

safety69

I had my 8L S3 Revo Stage 1 with forge DV tested on the rolling road by AMD and was surprised that it was tested 2WD and not 4WD, but the tech explained the power shifts with haldex can give unpredictable readings and therefore had to be 2WD with the fuse removed.

I am a little confused as to the power and torque figures as they are far less than the acclaimed figures of 260bhp and 285 lb/ft. The tech said that due to the slight warmer intake temperatures the figures are slightly down and to compensate for the haldex being switch off, you must add a number to both results getting you nearer the Revo figures.

Being quite a novice and desperately trying to research this, please can some explain what this number is or is there another explanation as to why the rolling road figures are far less?

I have full use to VagCom and was looking at doing a Block 120 test to get some of my own results or even the butt dyno test.

I have refused to rolling road my car before when it became apparent they were going to roll it in 2wd. I just would not risk it. Even haldex have been known to state not to do it without removing the propshaft, as when pulling the fuse or using the handbrake to force 2wd the prop is still spinning inside the diff and could cause damage. The haldex just isn't designed to have a driven input whilst the rear wheels are static.

Edited by Paul

• 2 weeks later...