Delivery date??

jon_bousfield

Looking for some advice on likely delivery dates please fellas. Dealer has a build date of 23rd April showing on the system but reckons recent deliveries have been hit and miss - some a lot quicker, others slower than expected - so can't give me any idea when it might arrive (other than sometime in May).

Anyone got any recent experience of a new A5 factory order? or any insider info on how quick the factory is knocking them out/shipping them at the moment? Desperate to know when I'll be getting my bum on the leather........can't wait to drive it away!!!!

asking about , it seems end of April is fairly quick, going by the list :

A5 Coupe General Early June Limited stock, more bynegotiation :

Earliest Delivery Available From VNS

2.0T 180ps & 211ps Mid June Very limited

2.0TDI 170ps Early - mid June Limited

S5 Coupe Manual & Tiptronic Early June Limited

Thanks allroad

Early June would make sense. Order was placed 9th March and dealer was quoting around 12 weeks for a factory order - so that would make it on or around 1st June to collect. Its a 3.0tdi sport if that makes any difference?

Had hoped it might be quicker than that given the build date though. Assuming the date is correct I would have thought around a week in the factory then maybe another couple of weeks to get it shipped over and registered - or am I being optimistic?

Do build dates generally change much once the orders are committed? Its my first experience of a factory order with any manufacturer so don't know what to expect.

Well, it is looking like June for your 3.0ltr, unless you ordered one for which there is UK stock. In most cases the times given are fairly good, as the ordering and delivery scedule in planned well ahead. As a rule things only slip badly when for instance it is a new option/engine/gearbox etc, and/or they run out of stock of a certain item. Rarely for other reasons, a recent example being a batch of cars damaged due to a hail storm in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems those Germans are living up to their reputation for ruthless efficiency once again!! I got the automated email from the dealer yesterday telling me that my car had started being built in the factory on Thursday 16th - one week ahead of the scheduled date.

Really hope I'm not going to have to wait until June to get it now. Suppose it depends how quickly they fill the boat to send over though.

Anyone know if Audi will let you go to Germany and collect from the factory? I've heard of Mercedes offering this option but not sure about Audi.

Well, it seems those Germans are living up to their reputation for ruthless efficiency once again!! I got the automated email from the dealer yesterday telling me that my car had started being built in the factory on Thursday 16th - one week ahead of the scheduled date.

Really hope I'm not going to have to wait until June to get it now. Suppose it depends how quickly they fill the boat to send over though.

Anyone know if Audi will let you go to Germany and collect from the factory? I've heard of Mercedes offering this option but not sure about Audi.

Only possible problem here is that if your A5 is built before week 22 it will be a 2009 MY, after that it would be a MY 2010 with any updates that are due.

A week 22 production car would still be deliverable for June however...........

What sort of updates are likely Gareth? Nothing too major presumably? Given the choice though I think I'd rather have the 2009 and have it straight away than have to wait for a 2010....it's killing me not having a nice motor to drive! Had to put the R32 in to secure the part-ex value and been in a 1.2 VW Polo hire car since then!!

• 2 weeks later...