Real fuel consumption

Novo

Hi

First diesel car which I drove was Opel Ascona 1.6 CY 1984. Its average consumption was among 7 and 8 liters per 100 km. Outside town was below 6 L/100km and in town was more then 8 L/100km. From 2000 I drove new VW Passat Variant 1.9 TDI PD (B5 115 hp) and consumption in town was around 9 L/100 km it was impossible to go under 8 L/100 km. I am aware that in town I was making no more then 5 km and it was full with stop and go. Outside town it was difficult to go under 5.5 L/100 km, and normal consuption was 6 to 7 L/100 km.

Two months ago I bought Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI CY 2004 (B6 130hp) and as per board computer the consumption is like this:

Town: min 7 L/100 km (mostly I pay attention and done more then 20km)

max 10.9 L/100 km (if I do not care and with planty start and stop)

Outside: min 4.5 L/100 km (driving with care and without high hills)

max 7 L/100 km (driving like I stole it and pying att on police ;))

Anyhow I am satisfy with my consumption but I read in lots of forums that people are doing even better or unreacheable (for me) consumption.

I realy take care about car, maintenance, tyres etc.

What is about Your real consumption?

For conversions You can use this site Unit Conversions

I have a Bora 115 TDi, and I do 120 miles (194 Km) each day on a dual carriageway. I sit at anywhere between 65 - 80 mph - depending upon traffic flow, traffic cameras and my mood!

My mpg averages at 54 mpg (19Km per litre or 5.3litres per 100 km). I have never got through more than 2 gallons in town driving, so cannot comment on that side of things.

Hope that helps.

My car has done 170K miles, serviced every 10K etc etc, is ultra-reliable as I need it every week day!