Can I upgrade this A6 (2006) to 3D nav?

Hi,

I have asked in my local Audi garage whether I can have the MMI s/w upgraded to provide 3d maps in my A6 - They tell me the MMI s/w wont be upgraded and wouldnt work for that anyway.

Other forum posts here suggest it can be - Can anyone confirm this for me? - And if so, can I go straight to the 5570 version or do I need to work to 1170 then 5150 then 5570?

It's a colour MMI screen with the DVD satnav:

SW: C6-HU 21.2.0 0534

HW: C6-HU 6351D2.0

FC SW: 05035AFC6AB320050

FC PS: 0050 FC HR: H03

Thanks for the help!

Chris.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Couple more questions, though

- What is the "BT cleanup disk" - I cannot find reference to that in the forum, but I assume it is to do with the bluetooth?

I assume it is to do with bluetooth?

I use a blootooth connection to my phone (have the phone prep in the armrest, but dont have a cradle attached or use it) - Does this mean it will stop working, or will I need to run the upgrades twice (which I have read others needing to do)?

Also, the battery meter seems of little use to me, but the instrument cluster (I assume means the display in the middle of the dashboard?) is of use, showing radio stations, mileage, etc... - Is that what you mean will no longer work, without using the VAG COM to fix those?

Thanks!

Chris.

Also, the battery meter seems of little use to me, but the instrument cluster (I assume means the display in the middle of the dashboard?) is of use, showing radio stations, mileage, etc... - Is that what you mean will no longer work, without using the VAG COM to fix those?

Thanks!

Chris.

The 'instrument cluster' option is found in the car->setup menus (same place as the battery meter). It sets the speed alert and controls the functionality of the on-board computers. You're thinking about the DIS display in between the dials. This won't be affected.

Another question - hopefully the last!

If I get the hidden menu enabled on the car in at it's current version (which I think is 2120) before upgrading the MMI to 5150 and then 5570, will I need to get the setting re-enabled? (I am assuming that things like phone lists and memory nav locations will be lost during upgrade.)

Or, does that setting get retained between upgrades and once it is set, it's set for good?

Thanks all! - I have just finished upgrading the MMI to 5570 and got the bluetooth phone working again as well. (required the second install from CD 2!)

Now, my car is in the garage tomorrow for a warranty steering rack replacement....

If I 'tell' them I want these settings changed on the car, does anyone think they would be likely to do it? - Is there a specific set of wording I should use to make sure they know what I want, or should I just give them these steps and hope they know what to do? - Or just tell them the battery meter and instrument cluster options have mysteriously gone awol? But, I would really like the hidden menu made available, but I'm assuming they wont want to switch that on, if they know what these settings change!

Select 07 - Control Head

Select Adaptation - 10

Select Channel 08

Select Read

Enter new value 1

Select Test

Select Save

Select Done, Go Back

Select Close the controller

I tried to get them to re-enable these features on mine and they simply said they weren't available anymore with the latest MMI software. I knew this was not true, but as the car is under warranty i didn't want to risk invalidating it by admitting i updated the MMI software myself, so i just had to accept it.

Another dealer may give a different answer, so it's defeinitely worth asking them. I pleaded ignorance and said 'I thought i should have a battery meter etc' so they knew where to look at least.

You might get lucky and they will re-enable these for you. If not, you will need VAG-COM.

But, I would really like the hidden menu made available

To be honest, unless you know what your doing with the hidden menu, it is only a vehicle for re-enabling the instrument cluster so i wouldn't get too excited about it.

I had a mess about with it and found lot's of 'new' features. Trouble is, unless your car supports these in hardware, they are useless to you. I enabled the tyre pressure monitoring system and had this new function in my car menu, however, as my car doesn't actually support this it was useless to me and most of it was greyed out anyway.

I used this secret menu to re-enable the instrument cluster and thats it. best not to mess about with things you don't know about in case you change something you didn't mean to and find yourself truly stuck!

Well, I had it in the dealer today - asked about having the battery meter and OBD settings restored.....

Got a call at the end of the day, asking who had done the upgrade, because (apparently!) their system ("linked direct to Audi in Germany") doesnt have information on such a new version of the MMI s/w (5570 is what I upgraded to!) and they can't help with re-enabling those two settings!

So... I guess I'll go find a smaller garage with a VAG-COM and get that setting done elsewhere!