[Audi A3/S3] Audi S3 and Unleaded 95 and 97

RamZ

Hi people, hope your all well! :) I usually tank my car with premium unleaded 97, but recently i was running real low and the station only had unleaded 95.

My question is that using unleaded 95, will this harm my engine?

Sorry for the noob question, this is the first performance car ive owned lol.

• 2 weeks later...

there is no damaging effects if you use the 95 RON. the a3/s3 are meant to be run on the shell 97 RON n all the difference is, is that it has lubricating properties, cleaner and slightly more flammable, BP do a really good 102 RON which again is even more flammable, but it is much harder to get hold of!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi people, hope your all well! :) I usually tank my car with premium unleaded 97, but recently i was running real low and the station only had unleaded 95.

My question is that using unleaded 95, will this harm my engine?

Sorry for the noob question, this is the first performance car ive owned lol.

If your car is chipped it can be a problem as the the chipped program will always expect the higher octane fuel (unless you can switch to stock mode). That's how a lot of the gains are made. You can expect preignition and possible damage using a combitation of low octane and chipped.

You can expect preignition and possible damage using a combitation of low octane and chipped.

Nope, from discussions with Revo a decent remap will never remove the ECU's in built safety features so what you've said is not necessarily true.

Nope, from discussions with Revo a decent remap will never remove the ECU's in built safety features so what you've said is not necessarily true.

I have an APR modified ECU and must switch modes via cruise control stalk if I use a lesser octane fuel. This was made very clear to me at the time of purchase. This is on the APR website:

DO NOT attempt to use anything less than certified 100-octane unleaded fuel with programs intended for 100-octane fuel. *Lower octane gases are NEVER to be

used with race-gas programs regardless of how much octane booster or other additive is used. OCTANE BOOSTER AND A LOWER OCTANE FUEL IS NOT THE

EQUIVALENT OF 100-OCTANE RACE FUEL. Failure to comply with this guideline could result in expensive damage to your vehicle. APR will not be responsible

for any damage resulting from racing fuel programs.