Help !!!! Key Programming

VAGSS

Hi everyone,

I bought a 53 TDI 130 passat with only 1 key, so as precaution I bought a key with same code and frequency from ebay, I got it cut and programmed the remote control locking successfully. I have also bought VAG tacho I obtained the PIN code fine BUT when I follow the steps to code the key It does not code (immobilizer light on and the engine turns off after start).

Is it possible to code a used key to my immo? I dont know what type of immo I have but seems to be immo3 "NOT SURE" any help will be very appreciated.

thanks

Thank you shark_90 for your reply,

When I bought the key it came blank and I had to cut it to fit my car, should I then assume that the transponder is new (please forgive my ignorance).

Also I am not sure If I am coding the key in the correct way using vag tacho? at the final stage of programing tacho asks me to disconnect, turn the ignition off and back on with new key and wait five seconds. I do this but the key does not code??

Has anyone done this before?

I lost one of my original keys (immo 3) and so sequenced a brand new key with the remaining key, when I found the lost key it still opened the car with the remote (strange as had been disabled in vag-com I thought) but would not start the car. I then resequenced all 3 keys using vagcom and all 3 now start/open the car so I would say it is possible to match an old key even though some of the vagcom literature suggests its not. There is also a way to key in the SKC code manually via the dash in the case of immo failure maybe try that ? I would suggest a midlands will work out less than the 150 the dealer quoted me for matching a key to my car & they will probably insist you buy a new key too (I can't be sure a 2nd hand key will work but unless my key "lost" key was somehow retained in the car's memory and therefore acceptable to it would seem vagcom + SKC will let you)

I bought a new transponder with new blade from ebay, I made sure that it is new and unprogrammed, when it comes I am planing to try again! (I hope it works this time).

I am planing to switch the blade that I have already cut, it looks tricky, (any advise on how to switch the blade over, is it fairly easy?).

Hi,

I bought a new transponder and managed to swap the blades.

Tried to program the key and for the first time it worked!! I could not beleive how simple it was of course when u have the right equipment ;-)

I am not an expert but if anyone needs help (Uxbridge area), contact me, I hope I can help.

many thanks to shark_90 and mb