[Audi A3/S3] S3 Again?

shwing

Hi guys, its been at least 5 years since I posted on this forum. Aquick introduction:

I used to own 2001 S3 for two years, back then. since then I've had a 96 cooper and an A3.

Now, I'm looking to buy a used car under £9K. My options are:

1) S3 (2000-2003)

2) S2000 (2000-2003)

3) Z3 (2000-2003)

When I had the S3 I was amazed at how quick it was and how it handeled. I also found it

quite relaible. This is why its in the list above again :)

What do you guys think?

Please feel to give any advice or comments

Looking forward to your answers....

Welcome back!

First off.. why is a Z3 in your list!!!

Do you want a bit of open top motoring? The S2000 is a very good car from what I've heard and seen. Could be worth trying something different... the beginning of summer isn't the best time to buy a convertible though.

Thanks shark.

You're right about the Z3, just for the open top. I've heard terrible things about the car though...

I'm starting to like the S2000 more and more, lots of people say very good things about it.

Do you know how it drives compared to the S3? Did any one own both cars at some point??

Thanks shark.

You're right about the Z3, just for the open top. I've heard terrible things about the car though...

You aren't far away from an early Z4 3.0 at that kind of budget - a world away from the Z3.

I'm starting to like the S2000 more and more, lots of people say very good things about it.

Do you know how it drives compared to the S3? Did any one own both cars at some point??

Not had either but have gone from hot Honda to a turbo motor.

Like the other Honda's, the S2K is going to be a love/hate thing. Unless you are prepared to significantly change your approach to driving (and are likely to get enjoyment from this) then you will ultimately dislike the S2000. While it will be perfectly capable of trundling around without fuss, you simply have to learn to love revs/noise & learn what gear to be in and when for max performance - hard work but ultimately more involving, rewarding and aided & abetted by a fabulous gearbox and a BTCC soundtrack.

Same goes for the handling as well by all accounts - hard work but worth it (if you want that).

If you want a daily car then I would imagine that another S3 is the best bet but a Z4 or S2K will feel more special at the weekend, I suspect.