New VW Golf GTI door trim/strip ?

TheEdge

Hi all

As a mark 4 R32 owner and avid fan of all things VW ive noticed the upcoming GTI mark 6 based on motor show pics and publicity material doesnt seem to have any door trim or strip like previous golfs ?

Is this a good idea im asking as the way people treat cars in car parks etc carelessness in door dings and dents would be all over the place as the whole idea of some kind of trim is to reduce any kind of impact and damage to your door, or is this just a another cost cutting excercise by VW and use their bodyshops etc?

Any ideas opinions ?

thanks

TheEdge, I believe it is "...just a another cost cutting excercise by VW ..."

The same at the back, no black plastic under the bumper (like my MY2006) - just colour coded, ready to show scratches and scuffs easily ......

Don't you think it makes its bum look big?!!

Ludwig

Just look out at other makes and models of car the next time your out on the road it seems the in thing to not have the stip anymore. I was actually quite amazed at how many recent models don't have it.

What use is it anyway in recent years as its painted it damages just as easy unless you have a base model with the black plastic ones on. The if you repair it getting a paint match without blendint the door in is a nightmare.

Quite a few of the mk6 test mules i notice have a black plastic one fitted maybe as a diversion but you never know it maybe offered as an option. But then again alot of the owners seem to put style over function so prob won't want it.