Need Help and Advice on buying an A4!!

nthrawl

Hi, I went to view a 2001 Audi A4 130 TDI SE Here is the link:

Audi A4 a4 tdi se 130bhp For Sale on RMS

I have a few questions I would like to ask Audi A4 owners and not the person who is trying to sell me the Audi.

1. The original Audi radio is in the car, is this replacable with an aftermarket radio system because it looks built into the dash.

2. The buttons on the Climate Control unit are all worn, is this normal for Audi's? Is the unit replaced easily from a breaking car?

3. There is a current problem with the back doors. They will not open from the inside or from the outside, the fella selling the car said it just needs attached to the computer and it's an easy fix, he said around £70 would do it. Has anyone heard of this problem before? I might tell him to get it sorted before I buy it.

Also there is a button inside that says ESP, I pressed it and nothing happened. What is it for?

Also do you think the above car is worth £4000? (thats what I ma paying if I take it) Any common problems I should know about before buying?

Please help!!

Hi, I went to view a 2001 Audi A4 130 TDI SE Here is the link:

Audi A4 a4 tdi se 130bhp For Sale on RMS

I have a few questions I would like to ask Audi A4 owners and not the person who is trying to sell me the Audi.

1. The original Audi radio is in the car, is this replacable with an aftermarket radio system because it looks built into the dash. Yes - very easy, needs a special lead to keep the dash disply going.

2. The buttons on the Climate Control unit are all worn, is this normal for Audi's? Is the unit replaced easily from a breaking car? Shouldn't be at 95K miles. Could be a clocker. Walk away.

3. There is a current problem with the back doors. They will not open from the inside or from the outside, the fella selling the car said it just needs attached to the computer and it's an easy fix, he said around £70 would do it. Has anyone heard of this problem before? I might tell him to get it sorted before I buy it. Not heard of it - sounds like wool, over eyes. Might mean having to get them seen to - which will be a damn sight more than £70.

Also there is a button inside that says ESP, I pressed it and nothing happened. What is it for? Pushing the ESP button should get a symbol up on the dash. Turns OFF the Traction Control

Also do you think the above car is worth £4000? No

(thats what I ma paying if I take it) Any common problems I should know about before buying? Nothing specific on that year - pretty sorted by then

Please help!!

I'd walk and look for another one.

Sorry about the late reply, and welcome to TSN! +++

• 2 weeks later...