URGENT HELP: Passat won't restart

AvantSE

Some birthday...!

Passat 2.0tdi, 2006 - pulled into the drive and the diesel engine sounded a lot more 'clattery' than normal. Switched it off. Tried restarting, engine ran for about 1 second (clattery again), then went off - same thing every time. Plenty of oil in.

Any ideas folks? Getting ****ing sick of this car - far less reliable than the 180K miles A4 I had before it.

Piece of ****.

Any help would be appreciated.

LOL. Something tells me it will be: a) something they can't seem to pinpoint; b) time consuming; c) fooking expensive.

No warning lights or smoke, lots of noise, probably won't show up on the diagnostics knowing my luck... might as well order a new engine now !

****ing car. But what else would I buy? Same engine in VW/Audi/Skoda - don't want to go back to a 1.9tdi. BMW 320d had issues with turbo destroying itself and taking engine with it. Ford/Vaux boring. Don't like Jap stuff.

Injector fault? Timing? Agree that it is bloody odd it seems to shut itself down after running for a second (only tried it twice but engine seems to stop after same period of time).

Anyway, on another topic, how much is the road tax on your Octavia these days?

LOL. Something tells me it will be: a) something they can't seem to pinpoint; b) time consuming; c) fooking expensive.

No warning lights or smoke, lots of noise, probably won't show up on the diagnostics knowing my luck... might as well order a new engine now !

****ing car. But what else would I buy? Same engine in VW/Audi/Skoda - don't want to go back to a 1.9tdi. BMW 320d had issues with turbo destroying itself and taking engine with it. Ford/Vaux boring. Don't like Jap stuff.

And I thought I was fussy when it comes to cars!

I personally have this car too with the DSG and its had its issues, not with anything breaking in the engine yet though.

Well i have a whole box of lovelies for you to consider but why not here:

3.0 V6 diesel (215HP) from Mercedes, automatic and it looks great and is a little bit different ;)

Geoff

post-15335-137914435574_thumb.jpg

Edited by steelwind101

Finally the recovery monkey arrived (what a conversationalist) and it got towed to the garage. The machine said "camshaft position sensor" which does figure... when they tried starting it, it didn't even fire this time but cranked away like a mad thing.

Maybe I won't sell it and buy a Volvo after all LOL.

Shark, has it had any mods other than the map?

Shark, has it had any mods other than the map?

I feel I'm pushing your thread off topic here mate but it has a full Milltek exhaust and a cold air intake. Estimated 270bhp, I'm taking it to two sets of rollers next month (not that I trust rollers too much) to see what it's making. +++