Audi A6 -Water in foot wells

chris0312

HI

I have an Audi A6 Advant (53 plate).

Over the last couple of days a large amount of water has settled in the passenger side footwells (front and rear) I have soaked this up with towels and dried it out but they keep re-appearing. Initially I thought the water must be getting in following a torrential downpour but we have had no rain since.

I suspect it could be something to do with the air conditioning? Any ideas and a guide as to the possible cost of getting it put right?

HI

I have an Audi A6 Advant (53 plate).

Over the last couple of days a large amount of water has settled in the passenger side footwells (front and rear) I have soaked this up with towels and dried it out but they keep re-appearing. Initially I thought the water must be getting in following a torrential downpour but we have had no rain since.

I suspect it could be something to do with the air conditioning? Any ideas and a guide as to the possible cost of getting it put right?

It could simply be the aircon drain pipe having come adrift (don't know exact location on Audi's but I guess most cars have a simiar design), cheap/easy fix, alternatively you might have lost a rubber drain plug and had it come up through the floorpan from puddles (unlikely), this would be obvious as you stuck your head underneath and had a look.

Oh, welcome to Tyresmoke +++

On an A6 it'll be coming through the pollen filter housing, just under the windscreen on the passenger side, you need to unblock the drain hole under the battery first though or it'll keep happening, Audi will sell you a new seal thats supposed to stop the problem, but the main reason it happens is that drain hole gets blocked.

Same problem also affects the VW Passat and the Skoda Superb which share the same design fault.