A8 4spd CML TIPtronic auto gbox

jojotlc

Hi,

have been lurking around, and this is still considered less than handful post. Been owning the car and had driven around <1k since having it last April09.

Great car! only issue on run-off , its thumping (like kicking in back seat!) on 2nd to 1st gear during throttle off.

Also, noted slight oil drip (yelowish/golden colour) at near the CatalyticConvertor.

From A8 posts, CML 4 speed is a bit better, but does this symtoms needs rebuilt just like 5 speeder?

No limp mode (i.e PRND321 indication not inverted), but sometime it slows to upshift in D at 1st gear.

any idea what to look for?

cheers,,

jo

I'd have someone look at it as you may be losing transmission fluid.

Totally agree - if the fluid is low you'll get all sorts of wierd shunting problems, until it worsens and then it will stop :eek:

Get it checked out, if it 'simply' a seal thats gone, a top up may well work, otherwise we can sort you out a CML far cheaper than you'll get one rebuilt..

hi, thanks for the response..+++

car is now in garage shed, it needs to get up on ramp and access the underside to source leak point, hopeful it is the gasket or flange seal.. anything more with be needing time.

i think, when the previous owner sold it, he also fill up the boot with spare parts.. i could see prolly a timing belt parts, 10quarts of FEBI ATF, 1 A/T filter, O-ring, 1 poly rubber gasket..

the A/T spares that comes with it is a bit different from 5spd that usually pops up in forum,, especially sump gasket.

i'll try to post pics later, for confirmation.

btw,, i'm living half way on other side in Brunei - its about 2hrs flight time from Singapore (night F1 race!).

Getting spares is abit headache, as there are only 8 registered A8Q std D2s officially with single AUDI dealership...

hoping for some good connections here...hint hint!! :D

cheers.

jo