Audi A8 D3 2003 4.2 Q - Parking Sensor Problem - please help

Shans211

Hey all, hope someone could help me...I am having issues with my parking sensors, I have the parking sensor plus upgrade with graphic - issue is when i engage the sensors, the screen pops up with heavy static like on a badly tuned tv. I have the VAGCOM and it states that there is an issue with Middle Right Front Sensor - i have inspected it, replaced the sensor at a rediculous cost from the stealer and checked all contact points. But the problem still persists...

the VAG COM displays the following:

Wednesday,04,November,2009,19:29:40:27752

VCDS Version: Release 908.0

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4E0-910-283.lbl

Control Module Part Number: 4E0 910 283 D HW: 4E0 919 283 C

Component and/or Version: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0050

Software Coding: 0221008

Work Shop Code: WSC 131071 1023 2097151

1 Fault Found:

01627 - Sensor for Parking-Aid; Front Mid-Right (G253)

009 - Open or Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 01101001

Fault Priority: 3

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 156

Mileage: 103390 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2009.11.04

Time: 19:29:20

Anyone able to decifer what it could be....I am considering purchasing a new harness as there could be a hairline split somewhere however the issue is only that one sensor (despite replacing it). Is there a way of coding the module to eliminate that sensor from radar checks? thats the easy way out but i would rather fix the problem....

Sorry for the long post but its necessary...:ffs:

Thanks in advance

progress.gif

The fault won't go until you clear it, o even if you fix the problem the fault will remain. However you can check that the fault counter isn't rising.

If it continues to rise, put your ear next to the sensor and listen for a ticking sound. Wiggle the connector, it could be a bad connection due to a snapped clip.

The fault won't go until you clear it, o even if you fix the problem the fault will remain. However you can check that the fault counter isn't rising.

If it continues to rise, put your ear next to the sensor and listen for a ticking sound. Wiggle the connector, it could be a bad connection due to a snapped clip.

Thanks Joylove, its now sorted. I had cleared the faults almost daily but it came up with error on mid right sensor. I replaced the sensor but the problem still persisted. I eventually changed the loom (£100) and that sorted it out... The fault cleared straight away and now we are back on track... Many thanks for the info.. much appreciated...