Help mk5 gti problem

Paul_GTI

Hi all

I have a 2005 golf GTI, i noticed today that following filling the car with fuel - normal unleaded, that tick over became very lumpy and causing the car to rock.

Performance was fine and the rocking went away. Drove the car later in the day and everything again ok.

Got in the car this evening, car wouldnt fire up. It did eventually by giving it some gas but sounded like it was on 3 cylinders.

Called the AA who came out and belived it was one of the coils but unfortubately didnt have anything on his van to replace it with as they apparently a differnt size to standard VW.???

Im now concerned that a large bill is coming my way!!

Anyone any experience of this?

Paul

It does sound like a coil pack fault and the part isn't actually that expensive, and it's relatively easy to fit too.

It shouldn't cost too much even at a dealer.

On a side note, you should use super unleaded in your GTi, 98 RON or higher and ideally Shell V-Power. Running on normal unleaded will cause the car to steal a few horses from you and also lose you some economy.

Well after spending a day at IVC in leeds it came out that it was the fuel pump in the tank, so that was replaced at a cost of £230 inc labour and the GTI is back to her old self...

But yeah i have been trying to save a few pounds using normal unleaded (second tank) so i will put it down to the car being a little upset with me :-) so I shall be returning to Vpower.

Thanks for the comments

Paul