"You've got to be joking?!"

N3WOB

Is what I've just said to my friendly 'Trunk' insurer's customer services adviser. Yep was getting serious about letting AmD loose on my motor for a 270 remap until the insurer advised me that this would add £370 to my insurance cost until renewal in Sept, I make that £555 pro rata!! sportifs2.gif

I know some companies a more mod friendly than others but this takes the biscuit.

Umm, gonna have to rethink whether i do this before renewal. When I fancy another laugh I'll give them a call back to see how much they would charge me for a Stage 3!

When you say "trunk" you mean Elephant, right?

I enquired about the uplift for the AMD stage 2 and the bod at Elephant went away to check with the brokers. When he called me back the answer was that they could not insure a car that had been remapped or chipped. I can have the Miltek and the short shifter for 60 quid extra though (renew due October).

Yep youve got it pal!

My friendly call centre adviser didn't contact an underwriter but seemed professional, checked her policy records on zee komputa & said mods to increase BHP were ok (seemed to be working through a table) which based on performance increase as a % of the standard then uplifted cost. Reckon that waiting until renewal is going to test my patience!