Reverse sensors gone weird

TrundleFly

My reverse sensors have just gone weird in the last few days. I put it in reverse and the general flow of events is:

- Screen showing the car and the red lines at front and back flashes up briefly

- Then seems to flash back and forward between that and whatever screen I was on before whilst emitting random beeping sounds

- After a few seconds of this it then it just emits a continuous beep and the parking sensor button next to the steering wheel flashes but the parking screen does not come up.

Any ideas on if this is something that will be an easy fix, or something more expensive? One of my sensors has been out for a while as I never get the red line for one of them..

For reference, just checked the book and to reset you hold down:

Tel, rotary button (the big control wheel), top right control button.

Hold them down for a few secs until MMI screen goes blank then release.

Will give that a go and see if it fixes anything.

Replacement control unit - sounds expensive??

Chances are you have a sensor that has gone to ground. Put the car in reverse, without the engine running, and put your ear to each sensor, the one that is not clicking is the one that has gone. If all are clicking, then you will need VCDS to see what the fault codes are.

My reverse sensors have just gone weird in the last few days. I put it in reverse and the general flow of events is:

- Screen showing the car and the red lines at front and back flashes up briefly

- Then seems to flash back and forward between that and whatever screen I was on before whilst emitting random beeping sounds

- After a few seconds of this it then it just emits a continuous beep and the parking sensor button next to the steering wheel flashes but the parking screen does not come up.

Any ideas on if this is something that will be an easy fix, or something more expensive? One of my sensors has been out for a while as I never get the red line for one of them..

Thanks Cockney Boy, will give that a go and hope you're not just trying to make me look stupid in front of the neighbours :)

If you are 'old' ie over about 30/40ish then you may not hear anything and you will feel stupid. Borrow someone younger, kids are best as their range of hearing is wide.

Stew