[Audi A3/S3] A3 rear washer problem and Airbag warning..

DukeDesmo

My A3 rear window washer has stopped working, pump still runs so I suspect either a blockage or a break in the pipe to the rear window.

I've seen a couple of posts about similar on other Audi models and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this on an A3 (2004 model) and specifically that if the hose is broken/trapped etc where to access it behind the trim?

Also got the Airbag warning light came on recently after someone moved the passenger seat forwards sharply, this did also happen when the car was new and was reset by audi assist who said the wires are sometimes tight and can catch when seat is moved - anyway I was wondering if this is a problem that would affect airbag deployment and if it can be reset in anyway without visiting a dealer?

TIA for any advice. +++

On the 8L A3/S3, the following places were favourites for pipes blowing off, usually caused by pipes freezing or blockages from using non VAG fluids.

In the bootlid itself.

At the joint behind the CD changer in the boot.

In the trunking (another joint) going through the bulkhead on the R/H side of the engine as you look from the front. On the S3 this is under the upper strut brace.

Sometimes you get a clue if you can see where the fluid is pouring out from, when the washers are used. Mine was just behind the back wheel, indicating the joint behind the cd changer. Mollox had the same, but from the engine end iirc.

Thanks, had a quick look at the weekend but couldn't easily figure out how to get the trim off (without damaging anything), then I got too cold and gave up. I will get on it soon. +++

You need to be forceful with the trim. It may seem like it's going to break, but it won't. It is all held in by 6 metal lugs. Just start off with a screwdriver and a bit of cloth to protect your paint work and insert it under the trim and pull.

Had to do this with mine as rear washer was leaking and kept setting the alarm off. Just used some silicone rubber around where the house fits on and not leaked since.