Audi a8 electric engine mount

bornville

Hi

Wondering if anyone could help me, i have an A8 3.0 CVT, when the revs drop to about 1300rpm there is a small vibration through the car, you can feel it more if you put your hand on the exhaust. I dumped the codes using vagcom and found the left front engine mount has no signal, and the signal from the transition mount has reached its upper limit. Does anyone know what the engine mount is sensing, and what it does to adjust, i.e how does the mount work. Are there a common fault on the A8?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Barry

Hi

Wondering if anyone could help me, i have an A8 3.0 CVT, when the revs drop to about 1300rpm there is a small vibration through the car, you can feel it more if you put your hand on the exhaust. I dumped the codes using vagcom and found the left front engine mount has no signal, and the signal from the transition mount has reached its upper limit. Does anyone know what the engine mount is sensing, and what it does to adjust, i.e how does the mount work. Are there a common fault on the A8?

Hey Barry

I have the same engine and have also noticed a similar vibration. Don't have VAGCom myself but my local(and trusted) garage (previous 'Independent Garage of the Year) reckons all is just fine and that perhaps the timing is very slightly off. - I happen to know that my cars' timing belt was replaced by an Audi MasterTech who 'did it the quick way' ie didn't pin everything in place etc. Apparently this cuts the job down from circa 5hrs to 1hr. (you can read my opinion of Audi techs on my other posts!).

So basically: as far as I'm aware it's a timing problem but nowt serious. I will, however, be watching this thread with interest...

Mat