xenon problems

mikey 35

Hi there,new to this stuff but wondering if you could help.My xenon lights fail when raining /snowing (from edinburgh) they are D2R lights and i have replaced the bulbs but i think the igniters have gone but i cant see them (think they are inside the unit .Priced them from audi ,over £200 ouch! .Wondering if anyone can help me find a site to get them cheaper (if poss) or do i have to swallow it.Also checked HIDSforYOU and found a replacement kit for same price ,wondering if this is ant good.

Cheers Mike

As PsYcHe says, something to do with the damp - maybe a bad connection.

Please, please take care when messing with the ballasts; they can produce thousands of volts. You could lose a finger or worse! Disconnect the battery first.

My first point of contact would be Ian at A8 parts, or a local autoelectrician if you don't feel confident.

Hi there ,thanks for the help i checked the lights today and found water ingress in the wiring loom on the outside of the lights causing a short .Repaired the loom now all ok .How ever found lower arms worn on susp so will have to spend money anyway £60 euro car parts.

Regards Mike.