Need help coding retrofitted autoleveling Bi-Xenons

Eneo

Hello tyresmoke!

I recently retrofitted a pair of Bi-Xenon headlights with autoleveling on my A4 B7 and I need help with the coding part of the job. I fitted a kufatec aLWR xenon retrofit harness with sensors, control unit, the works.

I tried to search the net all last night but couldn't find any solid info on how to do it. What numbers to put where etc. I found all sorts of guides on A3 in german, but it seems google translate failed me.

I think I eventually sourced the correct info from various sites accross the web.

We did try and hook the car up to a laptop running VCDS and navigated to 55 (Xenon range) and then 07 (Coding). This is where I'm baffled. Various sites claim to insert either "000001" (front wheel drive), 00019, or 00020 into the "Software Coding" box. The fitting instructions supplied by kufatec claims this should be "00003". Woot?

But that's not all, it seems our VCDS accepts only a string of 7 numbers, not 5, not 6, but 7! We tried to insert 0000019 (7 numbers), but ofcourse, it does not accept it..

Does you VCDS need some configuring to get this to work?

I really need help with this.

PS: Yes I am trying to get my Audi dealer to help me, but they are way to slow for my standards (I want to get things done, NOW :) ). And they're expensive.

• 3 weeks later...