Buying second hand 3 series

rjsnape

The fuel difference is negligible and the insurance may be a little higher, but you will get a newer car than the 330d for less money as long as you don't do high mileage its cheaper in the long run.

Mind you I had a look around and there aren't that many 330i or 325i's theses days everyone is going for small petrol or diesel models unfortunately.

With your budget, you'd get a great c2009 330d MSport coupe, like CM said you'll be pushed to find the 330i's these days as everyone goes diesel auto.

'08 330i MSport - BMW UK: Approved Used BMW | Car details

'08 330d MSport - http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bmwauc/details/0,,1156___ask-4%40adm-xx,00.html?ch=_V0JBV0Q1MjA4MFBEMjU3NzE=

'08 335i MSport - BMW UK: Approved Used BMW | Car details

Great budget for the 3 series, you can get some serious machinery ! the 335i with a mild remap is something quite special.

I have checked insurance for the 325 and 330i, they are both the same. The 335i is too expensive looking at £1115. There are so many 320d for sale! I do like the gun metal grey colour though with red interior, have had a black car last time and it was high maintenance to make it look good. Just like you say there aren't that many about, have looked on ebay, autotrader, pistonheads and bmw approved.