Tevez

shao_khan

Ferguson is very firmly in charge.

Go to the BBC Sport site and watch the superb 25 minute interview he gave Gordon Burns this week. It's well worth watching and dispels a lot of myth.

For me, one of the most telling things he says, and true, is this (give or take a few errors in exact wording, but it's ultimately the same):

He was asked why he is able to build multiple teams through youth and the purchase of younger players, and no other manager seems to be able to do the same time and time again:

Ferguson says:

"Because they have problems and issues I don't have. You've got to remember that other managers at other clubs are under pressure to deliver now or next year. They don't have the comfort of time because Chairmen sack them every year. It's madness. They want it all now. But I don't have that, I can look forward and build. Nobody is going to sack Alec Ferguson, so I don't have to worry about it."

I think that nails it on the head that he is the one who calls the shots.

Furthermore, he's right. Who is going to sack him? We could finished 10th and he'd not get fired. We could do it two years running and he'd still not get fired. Perhaps more importantly though - neither of those situations will arise under him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so how likely is it that we will see any MC players from that bench corroborate Tevez' version of events?!

Apparently a number of them are. Think I read it on Yahoo that in the initial investigation no one is saying they heard Tevez say he didn't want to go on. There are probably two reasons for this:

1. He just sat there and sulkily shook his head.

2. He no speaka da lingo.

Chapter 23:

Tevez's agent now claims he was "misunderstood" due to confusion on the bench against Bayern and that he simply "didn't feel right enough to play". He wasn't refusing to play, apparently.

Furthermore, the later interview he gave via a translator was, wait for it...."mistranslated".

Ah well, everything is fine then.:roflmao: