I keep loosing my Turbo.......

BIG_BOZ

The last few days my car has been playing up, appears to be when cruising on the motorway, all of a sudden the car will loose alot of power as if its gone into "safe" mode.

It will then stay like this until it has been switched off an then back on again. It drives as if the Turbo isnt working, as in i cant feel any boost at all when its playing up and the car struggles to maintain 70 on the motorway on the flat, on a hill it really struggles.

I am suspisions that it is something to do with a sensor, given that switching it off and on again seems to cure it every time, but no idea what would cuase there to be no Boost. Could this be something to do with the EGR, i havent got around to cleaning it yet, was going to do it this weekend but the weather has been most unpleasent so i chose to sit in by the fire instead!

Any ideas?

Ah yes, I took it that the light had come on. When it happens on my car turning it off and on again (!) turns off the light and you have to give it some boost to get it back on again (i.e. to show the RAC man that you really do have a fault!).

I had the car on a VAGCOM about 2 weeks ago and there were no faults showing up apart from one of the interior vent solenoids being broken which i already knew about, so what ever it is happened post accident and within the last few weeks.

Il try cleaning the MAF and the EGR at the weekend and if that dosent cure it il get it down Chris Umpleby and see what fault codes if any are showing up now.

I know what to do with the EGR, but how should i clean the MAF?