[Audi A3/S3] 2003 Audi S3 strange clutch pedal occurence

Veero

Right,

Nipped into town today, short drive couple of miles. Parked up for 5 minutes came back started the car and thought the clutch pedal was oddly sitting halfway through its travel. Couldn't select any gear. Pumped the clutch a few times nothing. Turned it off, lifted the pedal up to the top of its travel with my foot, started the car and it was fine, except the clutch pedal seemed sluggish returning to full height.

A quick google seems to reveal a worrying frequency of clutch issues happening with the 8L A/S3s. Is this the prelude to something worse happening?

Car is on 78K miles, previous owner bought it from a dealer and during his ownership the gearbox failed and was stuck in reverse so the dealer either reconditioned/rebuilt/replaced the box. Shifting it feels like new but since there's no paperwork I don't actually know what was changed/replaced.

I've had it a month, never had any issues so far and it's been fine today, I am now paranoid at being stuck somewhere.

Any advice or anyone had the same thing happen?

Cheers

Veero

Yeah there's a decent garage near me who are VW/Audi people. They've done a good job looking after my old A4 and Scooby so I'll pop round there and have a chat I reckon.

Driving it the last two days is like nothing ever happened with it the other day.