2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8! WTF?

fizzbitt

Forgot to mention this at the time but a couple of weeks back during my lunch i spotted this coming out of Bradford City centre. Was crawling up behind us while we were walking and heard a beefy engine but when i looked round i couldn't spot anything.

Only when it came up beside me i saw a SRT8 badge on the wing and then saw the 2 huge centre pipes and this thing sounded amazing! +++

A quick look shows that the previous year 2006 one was tested and these were the results...

A road test of the 2006 model by Road & Track magazine yielded a 0 to 60 mph time of 4.6 seconds and a quarter mile dragstrip of 13.2 seconds at 104.1 miles per hour

To put that into perspective my MR2 Turbo running 280bhp could hit 60 in 5 seconds dead and managed a 13.5 @ 101 mph! lol

112_06naias_02x_2007_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt8_suv_rear_driver_side.jpg

Forgot to mention this at the time but a couple of weeks back during my lunch i spotted this coming out of Bradford City centre. Was crawling up behind us while we were walking and heard a beefy engine but when i looked round i couldn't spot anything.

Only when it came up beside me i saw a SRT8 badge on the wing and then saw the 2 huge centre pipes and this thing sounded amazing! +++

A quick look shows that the previous year 2006 one was tested and these were the results...

To put that into perspective my MR2 Turbo running 280bhp could hit 60 in 5 seconds dead and managed a 13.5 @ 101 mph! lol

112_06naias_02x_2007_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt8_suv_rear_driver_side.jpg

It's not an AMG ML substitute though.