hello Newbie here. Aux heating on A8

Swiftys A8

hi

just like to say 1st what a great place this is, loads of info and tips :)

i have a queston regarding Aux heating on my 2005 A8 4.0tdi

i have followed an old post on here about adding the aux heating timers etc in the MMi done all is great :D

however being a bit of a lazy arse :rolleyes: i wondered if anyone is in the know if this Telestart T91R Digital Kit for Webasto heaters (no relay output) can only :confused:

will work ? in the install post it talks of the relay output triggering the heater directly on a pin on the heater itself ?

just wondered if this module would operate on the can system ? so i dont need to run a wire from the boot to the heater ?

thanks in advance

chris

I would concentrate on adding the auxiliary circulation pump first. Without it, if you set the heater to come on with timer or manually or telestart without the electric pump it just fires up, heats the coolant withiin it, winds down to minimum and then locks out after about 20 minutes with an overtemp fault.

You then have to adapt channel 07 with the value "1" to reactivate it.

It is not useful as a parking heater in standard suppimentary heater specification. The parking heater deployment has a circulation pump and a coolant shut off valve to stop it trying to warm the whole cooling circuit, engine, transmission cooler etc..

hi snapdragon,

i have the pump ready to fit, maybe this coming week (weather permitting lol) i have read its a pain in the backside to fit the shutoff valves (infront of firewall/bulkhead ?) and to be honest i like the idea of warming the engine aswell as taking the chill off the cabin area. you never know the shutoff valves could be another project ;)

i have got all the MMi functions sorted with Vagcom :) thanks for the reset info though, if it does stop working at least i now know how to reset it.

its the radio gear i really want to know about i dont quite understand why a wire is needed to the heater when everything is sat on the can network ?

thanks for the reply :)

chris