£500 refund case for misleading sales information!

Riz

Right so ive emailed watchdog and rang VW customer services.... what next.

Well if nothing gets done we could quote!

[ QUOTE ]

For VSO: My precedent is hopefully YOUR saviour. The UK VW dealer who is refunding me £500 is "Stanwell Boston, Marsh Lane, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21 7QS

Tel: (UK) 01205 350909"

[/ QUOTE ] and then ask why has this individual got a refund of £500 for the standard trim!!!!

Riz beerchug.gif

Riz 32: "This Individual" is me. I'm a real person & trying to help every R32 owner who has been misled by VW. In my case, Stanwell Boston VW were the exception & bloody marvellous in my opinion. When they eventually established (less than 1 hour!) that they had advertised my car with "leather/cloth" they IMMEDIATELY offered to buy the car back. I refused because this car is fantastic. I asked them for a refund of £1200 (the price of half leather). The Sales Mgr said NO. I then said "how about £500 quid?". The answer was yes & I received the cheque the following day.

You all have to realise that the dealers have been misled by VW as much as you have. I've had satisfaction & am very happy for you all to quote my refund as a precedent. I'll even take the risk of being "blackballed" by VW dealers when I need warranty work. My car is FY53 JOU, supplied by Stanwell Boston, Lincolnshire - Superb service.

Mike smile.gif

Mike many thanks on behalf of all R32 owners beerchug.gif

VW Customer Services fobbed me off today smirk.gif

I`m going to have a rest and see what all of us can come up with...... as a collective group

I feel you are lucky because the dealer advertised it wrongly.... VW Customer Services said they did nothing wrong.

Riz beerchug.gif

Riz 32, I was lucky because I bought my 32 unseen over the internet. On VWUK's "Used car" listings my supplying dealer had a page devoted to this car. It was described as cloth/leather. I took a print of the page, which I subsequently had to Fax to the Sales Mgr to prove my case.They did not have a leg to stand on! When a dealer sells a car, that cars description is ERASED from the VWUK database & NOT archived for subsequent retreaval - according to VW. - As an IT professional I personally don't believe that. A company such as VW will certainly make daily (at least) back-ups of their servers & archive the copies for anywhere between a month or a year.......

I would strongly suggest that anybody in a similar situation to myself Goes very quickly to VW UK "Used car" listings & takes prints of all the obvious misrepresented listings of R32's. VW UK are aware of this now & I would expect them to "sanitise" their descriptions any day now to avoid legal claims. (They will quite simply disconnect the server containing the used car database & adjust the descriptions).

I will now take prints of misleading ad's before this penny drops @ VW UK. It may eventually benefit someone. smashfreakB.gif

Rgds,

Mike

Have my copies of the sales info on vw.co.uk they are still listing as either cloth/leather or leather - no mention of vinyl / plastic.

Thanks for that info - I have phoned customer care and have asked what is leather or not. Am I correct that for £1900 all I have different is the saggy bits where I sit and the seat back (both of these were cloth in the standard car.?? I am very unhappy now, saggy seats are one thing but £1900 and 2 of those bits are rubbish!! I don't care about £500 back I just want fixed seats. I will call my dealer to try and get this sorted.

Yes, you are quite correct Byron12. I've just spoken to the "dreaded" Aaron @ VW Customer Services, who is actually quite a nice guy, but given misleading info by VAG. He is doing his best. VW UK are very well aware of the fact that their customer base appears to have been misled. Today I went onto the VWUK "Used Car" database & found 6 cars being described as "Leather/Cloth". Such cars don't exist. Any car with Monte Carlo Cloth has ALL vinyl surfaces. Our man tried to point out that there WAS leather (Steering Wheel etc. - but NOT on the seats or door trim panels........).

I did find one honest dealer who have a red car described as "cloth/vinyl" - The Oval Motor Company, Westbury, Wiltshire. They, however are in the minority. The rest of the VW dealers are either misled by VW UK or downright lying.

I'll now name & shame the dealers advertising R32's on the VWUK website. All these dealers (today) have cars advertised as cloth/half leather - This combo DOES NOT EXIST!!:

Wolsey Ipswich Ltd: AX53 GOP - half leather then Cloth/Leather

Vindis Sawston: Cloth/Leather (Black car)

Wayside, Stevenage: Cloth/Leather (Black car).

Alan Day (New Southgate): Monte Carlo/Leather

Premier Garage (Leek) Ltd: Black Konig Sports/Leather

Lookers Volkswagen Blackburn: PA03 MXL Anthracite Cloth/Leather.

At this point I gave up printing details. As a point of interest, when my dealer posted me the cheque for £500 the Sales Mgr spoke to me about his concern that they had a "Full" leather R32 to put on sale. That car has not been listed by "Stanwell Boston", Lincs in the past week. One wonders why.........

Mike