Alan wood

A6apw

My 2005 vow sharan 1.9tdi 115 automatic has a fault where you loose power and can’t accelerate but bye pulling over and switching off the engine for 10 seconds and restarting the problem goes , this weekend I drove 400 miles and only had the fault once 35 miles short of home after rolling non stop for over a hundred miles , but 2 weeks ago towing my trailer I had to stop every 10/15 miles sometimes less if a hit interviened , please can anyone help ?

• 2 weeks later...

I had this on an A4 1.9 Tdi, it was mostly on inclines, most likely going into limp mode which may feel like the you've suddenly got no Turbo. If you've not got one I'd recommend getting a code reader and seeing what faults are being recorded to start your diagnostics journey, that or take it to a reputable VAG garage.

I’ve had a fault code reader on it and even got a live data stream  , no fault codes and nothing unusual in the live stream  ? The car being the age it is and high mileage I think spending vast amounts of money on vag diagnostic might be a bit expensive and not worth the money