homer's avus s line saloon !

homerj

[ QUOTE ]

OK so we have 'follow me home' and 'find the car lights', what about a 'discrete flashing blue lights behind the grill pack' to finish it off grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate of mine did that about 10 years ago and got well and truly nicked smashfreakB.gif

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to confirm from my understanding : Interior light pack (as standard on S Line) = Back lite consoles always on, downlighting onto gear area, lights in door handles / footwheels and base of doors, also some mention of lights at the top of the windscreen however I've not seen those yet ! All in all very nice, most welcome free extra, as the GF says very cossy smlove2.gif

Auto Lights : As stadard with autodip rearview - Includes coming home going out feature, which uses the auto lights to sence when its dark and switches lights on for set period. Very nice gimick smile.gif

Heated Washer Jets and Exterior mirrors : Standard on S Line, optional extra std models. Headlight Washers : Standard with xenons or an optional extra, not standard on S Line.

18ME the S Line does look nice an aggressively sporty, quite a few none car people think its a completely new model over my old 1.8T sport. Think the RS6 wheels are more "in your face" where as the AVUS are more sophisticated.

Will get some interior pics up tonight, gotta show off the light pack grin.gif

Still loving and living this car laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have the interior light pack and the auto dipping rear view mirror too, but no follow me home lights frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got it switched off m8 ? You have a little knob to the right side of the light switch, next to the hight light levellers (if you have them) which needs to be pushed in to release set to 1 and pushed in again !

Well, no, I have no reg, no date...nothing frown.gif

Really need to get onto the dealer about this...how come they are so reluctant to provide any info? Called Audi UK and they seem to think that the car is being built this week? Dealer said on Friday that the car was build complete! confused.gif

Will call them this afternoon and see what they say, how come you got the reg so quick Skid, is the car in the dealer now? Or is it on its way...did you get this info thru the post or did they call you up on the phone?

Have to say I'm not blown away by the Xenons atm, look nice and the light is cleaner, but not really giving me any more range of vision. Have heard in another thread though that they can take a few hours to come up to speed, so hopefully that is the case and they will improve.

They also don't evidently autolevel when you switch them on, there is just about a 1 second delay from when you turn the switch to when they "ping" on !

Washers are way cool though, real show piece tongue.gif

Had'nt noticed it, then again the Xenons are self levelling so I don't have the extra button, will double check tonight though.

Yeah the Xenons seem to grab alot of attention when switching them on at night cool.gif, I do think they are alot brighter and compared to 'normal' lights they look cool at night as there is no reflector, ie two small lights giving off a shed load of light FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, no, I have no reg, no date...nothing frown.gif

Really need to get onto the dealer about this...how come they are so reluctant to provide any info? Called Audi UK and they seem to think that the car is being built this week? Dealer said on Friday that the car was build complete! confused.gif

Will call them this afternoon and see what they say, how come you got the reg so quick Skid, is the car in the dealer now? Or is it on its way...did you get this info thru the post or did they call you up on the phone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the dealer does not know what they're talking about, or Audi UK of course. I'd get down there and speak face to face if your worried.

Dealer rings you usually with the reg number so you can organise insurance docs for them to get the car taxed ! IIRC mine was rung through last tuesday 8 days before I got the car.

[ QUOTE ]

Was the car at the dealer last Tuesday when they rang you?

My dealer never calls me.

Hard to go down there face to face as I am working during the week, plus dont have a car right now!

Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah the car arrived on the Friday. They don't need the car to register it, as they allocate the numbers themselves. They usually do it before the car arrives so you can get your paper work moving, get an original insurance cert etc.

Sorry to hear that m8.

Mine was delivered to the dealer some time this week and I got a phone call this morning with the reg no. wink.gif

Did my deal with a Contact Hire firm..... they must have good inside contacts.

I'd kick up a fuss m8. openfire.gifNONO3.GIF lets us know how you get on.

I will call the dealer today, but will probably get "they are busy right now but will call you back" and never get the phonecall!

If what the dealer said was correct and the car was build last week, same time as yours, then the two cars should have been shipped together...right? So if yours was there earlier this week....where is mine! confused.gif

Anyway, no point complaining, will get onto the dealer later and see what they say...prob is that the salesman who sold the car to me has gone on holiday! god knows when to return!

[ QUOTE ]

If what the dealer said was correct and the car was build last week, same time as yours, then the two cars should have been shipped together...right? So if yours was there earlier this week....where is mine! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would seem logical to me unless they got the original build date wrong sportifs2.gif

Cant't stop looking at Homers pics. He's a lucky fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cant't stop looking at Homers pics. He's a lucky fekr.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same. Was very happy with my 17" 5-spokers until I saw the S-Line.... beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to make you guys feel bad : But I think this car looks so good grin.gif To me its the fact that the car sits lower and looks more aggressive for it, and because its sitting lower the 18's fill the arches perfectly. heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif