What is your "Build week"?

SPLiiX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17th June - That's 4 weeks after your build week??? confused.gif

I thought it was 2....

If that is the case I have no chance in getting my car before the 30th when I go on holiday for 2 weeks frown.gif

Riz 1 Is not having much luck either as you can see!

back to my brooding, stomping worst infact! FIREdevil.gif

the "coverring dealer" is back from her sickie and i spoke to her at 10 to get reg #. got a "i've just picked up your file and will get back to you shortly". 1pm i had to ring back and then got "just need your DoB" - when i gave it she was gonna hang up until i made her hold on and tell me what the heck was going on! I understand DoB needed before a reg # will be issued. Car arrives at stealers tomorrow. I said i guess this means i dont get it until monday but she reckons that would be "at the latest" but is planning for saturday jump.gif I'll believe that when i get behind the wheel of it though!! ROLLEY~14.GIF

I suppose to be fair mine was [apparantly] a late week 22 built one [cos he said it is the chassis break model - again not gonna believe it until i see it! openfire.gif] so this is now into the 2nd week since build, and even if i get it monday [and all is well with it] then i would still get it earlier than Gareth's week 21 build. 169144-ok.gif

Obviously though i am bloody jealous of his insurance quote for a S£ vs my plain-vanilla A4 sportifs2.gif!!! Man i gotta move to a lower risk area!

Mind you, things are starting [slowly but surely] to look up: managed to [in principle] flog my car with no effort or advertising for £150 more than the trade-in, and that coupled with the £220 i get back when i cancel my current policy means i would effectively get 12 month insurance for £430 vs the £206 i was ginna pay to cover it til renewal date in October. fuck_scott.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fantastic! well done. Good JOB!

Bet you are jump.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you betcha! saturday just cant come fast enough! 169144-ok.gif

[mind you i am still nervous and will stay that way until i get it home i guess!] ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Only 2 more sleeps! As my 4 and half year old daughter would say. Or she may say "Dad, Is today, Tomorrow?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your daughter's style!

unfortunately i am on-caLL on friday night so no sleeps there, as well as sunday so no razzing around to far-flung places.

oh well guess i will have to live in the car on saturday beerchug.gif

yeah you're both right - i am "practicing" driving my new car to work this morning [ie bloody carefully and giving everyone right of way!]

very nervous about the collection/inspection process so any and all help on this front appreciated [started separate thread but no replies yet frown.gif]

will click away after i get back from driving around saturday [already stolen my sister's digital camera for this 169144-ok.gif]

Cheers Riz 1

I was suppossed to hear yesterday nut no call..... you know the feeling!

So if he does not call by lunch time I will call him...... you know the feeling!

He did say that it may be 2 weeks after build and build was last fri/this monday (he says) so it should be delivered on the 28th??? but I am on Holiday on the 30th !!! aaaahhhhhh

will keep you posted!

grin.gif

yes i knew that feeling all too well wink.gif

just been mulling over the calender and it doesnt bode well as far as i can see [sorry!]:

we are currently IN week 25; i think that means they will ship at the end of the build week which is over by sunday ie shipping starts next monday at the earliest and then it depends which port it comes into apparantly relative to where the stealer is which determines when you get it.

My best guess [and extrapolating from own car's time-line] is that it gets to the country next weekend and would be ready for you the day after you leave for hols frown.gif

I suppose the only advantage is that you dont have to worry about storing it while you are away and it gathering dust [man do these new cars attract it!] and it is shiny and new waiting for your arrival 169144-ok.gif

any sooner is a bonues, no?

Avator - LOL - Will need to change it - you should see the wife tongue.gif

Anyway - I have organised the insurance to start on Thursday (tomorrow), this is to avoid dissapointment! The dealer will be able to tax the car for 12months and 1 week (you can only do this on a new car...) I have not heard from the dealer yet - still waiting for that possible call from last friday.... oh and my insurance certificate should be with them by now! so I am hoping he will call to say he has received it - if not at least I have an original also!

I am just going to wait till he phones me, very difficult to do as you know but I will! On my part everything is organised. If the worst comes to the worst I will pick it up the day I come back from hols. The only thing is I will have wasted about 3 weeks of Insurance but at least it is sorted!

Got my Sline badges in today! The grill badge and the rear one too! Yeehaa - looking good! will look better on the car!

Have been reading up about your car - Is there a big difference between 5th and 6th gear?

i like your belts and braces approach - there is me scarmbling around for insurance upto the day i ned to get the cover note faxed, and here is you having it sorted even before you know the dealer has the car!

i admire your patience in waiting for that call!

5th vs 6th gear - there seems to be a bit of a difference. acceleration is better in 5th than 6th; otherwise on the motorway 6th gear does drop the revs a little [from say 2.8 to 2.5] at 90mph

hope you enjoy your hols dude. ps can you recommend a nice but not too expensive place to stay around loch ness? [wife wants a break near some water!]

Some nice places to stay in Scotland, near water. - Loch ness is nice - can not remember the last time I srove down or up it... Loch Lomond is really nice! Our wedding reception was at Cameron House http://www.incentives-scotland.com/index.html

Heaps to do and as you will see they have a good swimming pool for your Sat Nav that sits in the back seat!

Or try "Lodge on the loch" http://www.loch-lomond.co.uk/

You will find the difference in price may not be that much different between these two places and Cameron House is worth it!

It is really difficult to get accomodation in scotland - we find that anyway! even 5* hotels are difficult to get in!

Another good place is http://www.hiltondunkeldhouse.co.uk/

Dunkeld House Hotel! Mile long driveway and really nice Swimming pool for Sat Nav and just a nice place - child friendly too!

Also in Aviemore try the Colymbridge Hotel http://www.hilton.co.uk/dispatch/ViewPropertyHomePageForm?hid=11001807&ViewPropertyHomePage=&formName=ViewPropertyHomePageForm

The rooms are getting a bit run down but if you are going for kids go there! it is really good for them and they have an additional indoor place park place across the carpark - call syrol squiral or something!

Navigation in Scotland is easy! One road up the west, one road up the middle and one road up the east! Great for your TDI!

Let me know how you get on!

Beware if you go close to lochs remember and wear "Midgy" repelant! grin.gif

thanks mate.

rather embarrasing, while i was thinking/talking about the bonny banks of Loch Lomond [which i dont think i have ever been to], i was actually visualing Loch Ness which i have seen!

I remember seeing a nice Logde overlooking Loch Ness but my hazy emory of it is 5 years old!

I love the look of Caeron House but it is a little pricey in my post-car financial state frown.gif

will also check out the other places you said; anywhere you recommend around Loch Ness or is Loch Lomond really the place to go instead? I think wife wants tranquility which means i will be main entertainment provider for Sat Nav tongue.gif

ps you go anywhere nice on your hols? SMOKE6.GIF

LOL - Nice places on my hols - I thought I told everyone on here - maybe you are taking the micky?? Off to Barbados a week today!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can not think of any places on Loch Ness - will need to ask someone in the know! confused.gif