Just ordered a new car and it's not an Audi

Newbie123

which is very unusual for me as I've had four Audis and one VW in the last two and a half years grin.gif.

I seem to have been seduced by Mr Bangle smashfreakB.gif I didn't like the Z4 when it was first introduced but it just seems to have grown on me over the last year or so FIREdevil.gif. What sealed it for me was seeing one in a lightish gold colour (turns out it's called olivin), and it looked fantastic.

So I've just ordered a 2.2 Z4 in olivin metallic with optional wind deflector.

Would have liked leather & 17" alloys, but this one's going through the company and they've got a budget, so that's that. It seems to come pretty highly spec'd as standard anyway.

Roll on September grin.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

which is very unusual for me as I've had four Audis and one VW in the last two and a half years grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one newbie - But I think you need to seek help, addiction is a serious thing in what ever form, be it an addition to drugs or car dealerships grin.gif

You must however change your order immediately to this colour and include these wheels : Budget smudget

DSC00056.jpg

I don't have an addiction, I don't have an addiction smashfreakB.gifsuicide.gif

Is that colour "stirling grey" homerj ? Every Z4 I see is either stirling grey or black. I think I need to be original in my colour choice SMOKE6.GIF, so I thought I'd go with Olivin as it's a new colour for 2004.

Would love those wheels ....... but @ £1700 that is way over budget NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Neighbour has one in black and boy does that look sleek!

If you could cope with the cleaning that is deffo the colour for this car IMO. ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealership actually had a used one in black and it did look stunning from a distance, but up close you could see all the little chips and scratches and scuffs on it. It would just annoy me too much to see that when cleaning it, I had a black TT last year and it did look good but it soon got covered in little visable stone chips etc. I don't think I'd want that again.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one newbie - But I think you need to seek help, addiction is a serious thing in what ever form, be it an addition to drugs or car dealerships grin.gif

You must however change your order immediately to this colour and include these wheels : Budget smudget

DSC00056.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats my old motor. Good car though and the two piece wheels look the biz!

[ QUOTE ]

Nice one newbie, its funny that I've been contemplating one of these today.

Are you trying to compete with Wish or are these A3 2.0 TDI's really not very good jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on 18ME you know you want to ECLIPSe.gif

Wish & I certainly do seem to change quite often, but we're not a patch on you ices_blah.gif, afterall you've already got your next car waiting for you and the one after that on order and I guess you're about ready to order the one after that tongue.gif.

The A3 2.0TDI is a great car, but I thought I'd take advantage while demand is still high. My car went up for sale on sale or return at the dealership last saturday, and it sold yesterday for not much less than I paid for it grin.gif

beerchug.gif

Nice choice Newbie, I think the 2.2 is a terrific value car. Just make sure you don't have sports suspension, according to Evo it destroys the ride and the car is way better on standard suspension.

Any pics of one in that colour? cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Nice choice Newbie, I think the 2.2 is a terrific value car. Just make sure you don't have sports suspension, according to Evo it destroys the ride and the car is way better on standard suspension.

Any pics of one in that colour? cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope not gone for the sports suspension Ari, I did see that whatcar voted the 2.2 their 2-seater of the year in their last review which is nice grin.gif.

I've been searching high and low for a picture of the Olivin metallic but can't find one. All the cars on the BMW website seem to be mostly stirling grey, black and silver.

Yeah I know what you mean, at one point my father had a blue 5 Series, (now replaced with a dark blue Merc E Class), my mother had a blue VW Polo, my sister had a blue Peageot 306 D-Turbo and my brother in law a blue Seat Toledo!

Nearly put me off getting a blue Audi Cab but mother swapped the Polo for a British Racing Green MINI and the Moro was too good to pass up so I joined the Stepford Car Colour group... UHOH7.GIF

Dude,

can I ask? How much you pay for her? and was there any room for bartering?

Did you PX the R? If so did they steal it from you?

Im looking for something new, TT or Z4 and just interested in any deals.

Been offered 21k for the R, and its only done 5k, is 4 months old and has all the extras you could have, sat nav, crusie, sunroof!