National TSN meet.

Riz

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

or a god of tyresmoke grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yelrotflmao.gif let my get my contracting venture off the ground people and then i`ll see what i can do.....

At the moment my future in income/work is secured to a certain degree but really need to get something off the ground a.s.a.p

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Riz,

Lemme know if you need a hand organising.

Any MODs wanna assist ? Chris_P wanna help ? Inigo, got any contacts that would be interested in such an event ?

Cheers,

Caroline

[/ QUOTE ] Sorry i didnt reply with a straight answer.... yes help is most welcome, like i said ive not done anything like this before.

Santa pea pod has loads of events already done.... but on their site it doesnt mention hire costs etc for say 2 days? Sat/Sun?

Santa pea pod seems like a good venue.... what facilities are there?

Thanks for help hun 169144-ok.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

Yeah it would be a good idea.

Do they have any attractions?

Maybe they could make it a bumper episode 169144-ok.gif

All im thinking is that if a National meet is to be done that the retail and entertainment side of things will be difficult.

If some international members are coming over its got to be worth it for them too.

Santa pea pod is good but also the question of entertainment arises.... all we can do is drag races? or do they have open spaces for tracks and max speed runs etc.

If eveybody chipped in could we afford a day or two at the TopGear studio`s with show cars etc....

Im just trying to think of something which would fit into 2-3days with lots of activities to be had..... mini-shops etc.... tuners.... and other companies who wish to participate in the event.

All ideas at the moment...... but all input on what the memebers think would be grateful... afterall its not about just me... but the whole of the Tyresmoke members.

Where is Bison/Blue? mmmm wonder what they think about this afterall im not really in a position to authorize. smirk.gif

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The track is used by many companys including TOPGEAR it probably isn't as difficult to organise as you think, specially if there is a friend of a friend involved wink.gif

Dave

[/ QUOTE ] Really oooo 169144-ok.gif do you think the site could support alot of Tyresmoke members?

Riz sekret.gif

OK wheels set in motion 169144-ok.gif will let you know.

Not sure what facilities they have available - I know its a bit out of the way.

Would we be better considering somewhere like Bedford Autodrome, Goodwood, etc. who are used to doing corporate days?

[ QUOTE ]

OK wheels set in motion 169144-ok.gif will let you know.

Not sure what facilities they have available - I know its a bit out of the way.

Would we be better considering somewhere like Bedford Autodrome, Goodwood, etc. who are used to doing corporate days?

[/ QUOTE ] mmm i dunno.... so many things to look into... thanks for you help dude 169144-ok.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

Hmm not sure really, was up there Wednesday, and truth be told, I dont think you could have a huge amount of fun with 200 + people turning up, the studios are suprisingly small and there are companies working there, so the opportunity of stands etc is probably minimal, however if you could get track clearance (don't forget you'd have to arrange saftey, ambulance teams etc) it would be a ball - and you never know who's watching, maybe the Topgear producer might be interested in giving TSN some air time!

Dave

I think to make it a TSN track meet it should be at a proper track eg silverstone or brands or something (if it happens as a track event) they have everything set-up better than an air strip. Plus the Topgear track is a bugger to get to really !

Dave

This is why I suggested having a club area at trax. The event comprises of retail areas in the paddock area, so lots of tuning bits and pieces such as intercoolers, samco hoses, etc. This area is a bit Max Powerish and they have quite a lot of show cars too but the benefit of it being a bit max powerish is that they bring lots of ladies with them cool.gif

Behind the paddock area they have all the club parking areas. Loads of different clubs attend, right from the Corsa boys through RS owners and up to Jap Clubs and the like. All of the club parking areas are inside the track not left out in a carpark somewhere.

They have a 0-60 mph sprint area won last year by a twin engine Nova in 2.3 seconds I think.

They have an area dedicated to stereos and DB drag racing if your into that.

Last but not least they have the track, Silverstone circuit gets used for mini track days throughout the day itself, you dont get too much time out on track but its not too expensive either.

Obviously Silverstone is fairly central in the country so should be fairly easy to get to for most people.

It would be a mission to set up your own event, and to find a day that suited most people and I cant imagine many retailers willing to give up their weekend for a first time event.

Just an idea for you to consider beerchug.gif

Okay here's my 2p's worth.

I've been here and done that.....

If your gonna organise a day for purely TSN members then you have decide what sort of venue people want.

Do you want Drag Racing/Sprints etc or a Track Day

If the day is for TSN people only then the hire of a suitable venue will not be cheap £2k plus easy.

I helped the RS Owners club get back into Castle Combe (CC) after having the Bristol and Swindon Groups regional day at Longleat the previous years.

Both groups had very little money in the coffers and we had to stump up £2.5k for the hire of the circuit. Luckily for us the money could be paid after the event was held but we had to put down a "nice" deposit. If the event failed 6 of us would have had to dip our hands into our pockets and stump up the remainder. Ouch...I hear some of say. blush.gif

Because the RSOC had not used Castle Combe for many years we had to start afresh to attract people/venders/Trade stands to the event. We also set up a CC committe which met regularly to catch up on progress with certain details and also to discuss how we would run (or ruin) the day.

We invited over 100 traders, we had use of the paddock, we had to use the facilities at CC as we were not allowed to invite burger vans as the onsite restuarant/canteen would have got upset (this money stayed in house) this also included Ice Cream vendors. We also did our own security/admission.

Castle Combe supplied the Fire crews/St John's and marshalls as part of the hire of the circuit.

We would charge everyone admission and also issue track passes to those people who wanted to take their cars on the track, this was done by post, in the event that we had spare passes left these would be sold on the day.

I think we charged about £65 for members of the RSOC and £70 for non-members at the first event. I think the basic admission was £5 per person. Track passes included admission for one person. Traders we charged £25.( very cheap!!!)

We had a concours event and also some stuff for the kiddies to play on (bouncey castle/face painting).

So to the day itself, very few traders replied and those that did and turned up had a brilliant day, we sold all the track passes and made a nice profit on the day. Most of the those traders still attend today. 169144-ok.gif

Its hard work and you need a committed team of people to make it work NOT just one person. Don't forget you will need to arrive early to set up the event (we used to go on the Friday evening to mark up and put up signs) and also stay afterwards to tidy up the place and clear up any litter and rubbish left behind.

In subsequent years, the profit has gone up, and we used the security team that CC offered to us to check passes and take any admission fees on the day (as the first year was a nightmare shtf.gif). CC then take out of the money made on the day at the gate for the following years deposit/payment and whats left gets split between the two groups and Castle Combe.

We made it work purely down to effort and commitment, we had a good band of people who wanted it to work. When it goes well everyone lets you know, and when it gone "Pete Tong" everyones on your case slap.gif. We made a few mistakes the first year, but these were addressed the following year.

Now some years on it is one of the "BEST" events in the RSOC calender.

Well sorry for the ramble, hope its of some help?

If you want to come along to this years events its on Saturday July 10th, details have been posted on this forum and also in the Trackmeets forum. ECLIPSe.gif

I will try and find out how much Santa Pod and Castle Combe is to hire these days. beerchug.gif

I hope TSN will have such a day notworthy.gif