central locking

jasonjason

Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. However, the lock actuator was jammed open and no amount of oil / leverage would shift it! I guessed the motor was knackered to I tentatively rang my dealers parts dept to find out how much the replacement was... and to my surprise... it was less than £10 inc vat! laugh.giflaugh.gif It's a bit tricky to fit (I recommend referring to the Haynes manual), but I got it done within 3 hours in the lashing rain crazy.gif I had to use a junior hacksaw blade to cut the old actuator arm off as it was stuck fully open, but aside from this drastic action the only problem I had was getting the lock barrel lined up when re-fitting. TAKE MY ADVICE.... MARK IT's LOCATION BEFORE YOU TAKE IT OUT!!! Otherwise you will spend ages wondering if it will lock when it's unlocked... unlock when it's locked.... not lock at all... flap open.....etc!!

According to my dealer this is a very common fault, so I asked him if I could have the part for free... he frowned and told me to p**s off!!

Cheers

Dibley