[Audi A3/S3] My Brilliant Black 3.2 S-Line

ChrisDev

Well, I've taken a lot out of this forum in the last 2 months, and so it's time to give something back...

I'm reading about all the delays on some people's cars, and not wishing to annoy anyone, but I ordered my 3.2 S-Line with Bose, Arm Rest, Black Interior, Xennons and no smoking pack (edit: and DSG) at the end of May. I picked it up last Tuesday (about 7 weeks).

This is going to be a cold winter for me and I wish I'd chosen heated seats, because at the moment I'm driving everywhere with the windows down! The sound of that engine is better than any Bose stereo!!

So here are a few pictures to repay those times when I checked the forum every day in hope of a few new pictures! It was a bit of a rushed job, and I hope to have somemore up in a few days time.

Cheers,

Chris

post-4348-137914279269_thumb.jpg

Nice car, very very nice.

Well mine has arrived at the stealers and I pick it up on Friday.

Ebony Black 3.2 Manual with Votex kit.

I will take some pictures over the weekend and publish them for you to compare.

I didnt go for the arm rest or heated seats either, been regreting not asking for either of these but its too late now and I put plenty other options on.

Symphony II with 6cd in dash,Bose,Xenon lamps, NO Smokers pack, Storage pack, Auto Wipers & lights, Tracker,Road Angel II (According to the stealer now an Audi dealer fit option as its getting fitted at PDI time its included in the 3 year warranty), Votex Kit, Mud Flaps, Mats.

Only Three sleeps to go!

btw why was this thread moved from the A3 therad, the cars not for sale or anything is it?? why put it in marketplace.

I get my 3.2 S-Line tomorrow, around mid-day, delivered. You can image me, like some dog, waiting at the door and listening for every noise coming from down the road in case it's a shiny new A3! Nice too, that since ordering (approx. 8 weeks ago) I've only seen 2 other 3.2 S-Line's on the road.

Now if I could just sell my Puma, I might be able to get some extras fitted/for it too.

just had a call from the dealer actually... apparently, the 6 cd changer has the wrong connection and they can't finish the instalation off. it'll only be the cd changer that won't work, the rest will, so they'll delivery tomorrow anyway, and get a local dealer to fit the 'missing link'. getting mats and a full tank of petrol out of it for my "trouble" though wink.gif

I thought it was going to be driven here, but it's apparently going to be on a transporter at 6am on the way here!

It would seem that the 3.2 Slines have been delivered more quickly than the 2.0TDI's, or is that only my opinion

I believe mine is now at the dealers having the Bodykit fitted and i am getting very impatient as i have been waiting since March

I haven't seen another one on the road either

It does sound as though some people are getting messed around royally with their orders. I ordered mine Feb 18th and got it at the beginning of May and early...I actually had to delay receiving it! I wonder whether the changes to S-line specs delayed things a bit as mine was pre-spoiler but midst the supposed DSG problems and still arrived early.

smirk.gif

when i bought mine in may i was told that there would be a wait possibly till september, I managed to get the second to last 3.2 available in the country, this was on may 13th ish. any new orders from then would be september ish.

Basically went into the dealership and test drove a 3.2 v6 with dsg, said that i wanted one and was told i was in luck as there was a high spec s line 3.2 coming in the following day and that the last one in the country would be a standard 3.2. If i wanted one to order there would be approx 5 months to wait.

is this the norm - up to 5 months???

[ QUOTE ]

JAY, Make sure you fill it with SUPER... makes a HUGE difference!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you reckon? I've not tried it yet, but talking to the boys on the TT-Forum, they reckon it doesn't make much difference on the 3.2...would be interested to hear different.

Orbit, I can't believe you've been waiting for so long, I really feel for you man, not long now though! laugh.gif

Well mine was ordered on the 2nd/3rd March (don't know when the order actually got to Audi from the dealer). I was told 8-10 weeks and that the dealer had already ordered a 2.0TDI Sline as a demo car and that i may get it sooner ha.gifha.gif

This never happened and my build week slipped to WK26 and then WK29, which was confirmed and production showed as complete on the 16th July - so 5 months is what i have waited

Just spoke to the leasing company and they still haven't had confirmation that it is ready, but i suspect it is in the bodyshop having the votex kit fitted

How long from the factory to the dealer and then to being ready for collection have you guys experienced?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you reckon? I've not tried it yet, but talking to the boys on the TT-Forum, they reckon it doesn't make much difference on the 3.2...would be interested to hear different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been experimenting with both for the last 2 months, just to make sure it wasn't in my head. I noticed no difference whatsoever in my GOLF Turbo and Beemer. But in my A3, without super- it feels like your driving around with the handbrake on. My Dealer did say when i got the car that It made a lot of difference as did a different dealer when i test drove it.

Empty your tank of that orange juice and go fill it with some Jack Daniels....!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

makes a bit of difference in my 1.7 VCT I'm driving at the moment (but not tomorrow!) and got better MPG too, so not sure if the extra cost balanced out or not... never been that good at maths confused.gifgrin.gif

Orbit, ordered mine on May 26th and was told a few weeks later that it was build week 28 (w/c July 5th I think). From then it was ready for shipping at the end of that week, and arrived at the dealers almost next day. Then I had to wait a week (dealer told me it usually takes them 4 days to turn it around) until I could come and collect on the 20th July. Admittedly, the dealer did say that it had arrived quickly.

LeMan, I will give it a try as soon as I've done 1000 miles I think. How many has yours done? Maybe wait until the engine has losened up a bit!