2.5 TDI or V6

chim

Do not know which to go for?

Test drove th 2.5 TDI thought it was a bit sluggish.

Have'nt driven the V6 yet, is it better as in less noise more refined and more power?

Which has the better residual?

V6 and TDI Drivers views please

I have a 3.2 V6 Sport, although I have also spent time driving both the 2.5 and 5.0 (!) TDi diesels.

The 3.2, IMHO is much more refined (by which I mean smoother, no harsh vibrations through the steering wheel and pedals, happier to rev) than the 2.5 diesel, with a bit more extra punch as well (I don't tow anything or head off-road much, so low-down torque less advantageous to me).

However, this refinement comes at a price - namely mpg.

My V6 averages around 17-18 mpg, whereas a loaner 2.5 easily did 22-24 mpg. So neither are exactly brilliant, but if you are counting the pennies, then the diesel is the obvious choice.

But if you're looking for a car that feels more like a luxury saloon than a diesel Landie Discovery, then go for the petrol engine.

We have over 70 Touareg owners, of all types, registered at www.mytouareg.co.uk so why not pop over and ask them the same question?

I also have V6 and used 2.5 - Prim gives a very good summary. In addition I tow horse trailer (2 tons) and have very good experience. You use lower gears climbing very steep hills (the car keeps the speed) but I never had not enough power even when overtaking. Mpg on V6 depends more on crusing speed than diesel. Keep it under 70 and you can see 22-23mpg press on and it drops to 16... With the trailer I get around 14-16