Northeast England

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! You're not a numpty when you own when the classic BMW's of all time. I still love that shape to this day.

Indeed, if my wife would let me, I'd go out an buy one tomorrow for use in the winter months because it'll go a damn way further than mine will!

I think the tourer in particular has an incredible, almost timeless, classic look about it that hasn't aged much at all.

Dunno, haven't seen your better-half yet! - Am I likely to be tempted? :Pyelrotflmao.gif

If you like, I could look after the M3 and keep it track-ready, should you want to borrow it one weekend? Surely she couldn't object then! Or is it more than a matter of drive-space? laugh.gif

Well, I don't like them because they're too expensive, I don't like the look of them, they're a status symbol (penis extension wink.gif ), anyone who drives them has a stereotype of being a certain sort of driver and they did Rover over in a really nasty way.

Will that do?

Mine was cheap, looks ace, I require no extension (I hope!), I AM a certain sort of driver (enthusiastic, safe and corteous) and Rover were going nowhere until BMW bailed them out... The Germans couldn't understand the English's approach to turning up at work with a fag in their mouth and looking miserable all day while they churned out substandard cars. - The Fatherland got sick of pumping money into a lost cause and ran away.

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't like them because they're too expensive I

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not expensive - they're value for money for the quality you receive in build when purchasing one. They, the majority, have better residuals than other manufacturers and therefore are often financially more beneficial in the long run. Furthermore, they're no more expensive, relatively, to Mercedes, Audi (marginally less), Porsche, or any other premium marque you care to mention.

[ QUOTE ]

don't like the look of them

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an entirely different reason, though I do find it odd that you can't find a single BMW in the least good looking?

[ QUOTE ]

they're a status symbol (penis extension)

[/ QUOTE ]

Status could be applied to all the other cars listed above plus a long list of others.

As for penis extension - ahem, i think that is nothing but a shallow interpretation of perhaps you own viewpoint of a car that maybe makes yours feel slightly smaller...

Few married men with children feel the need for such extensions. However, I should add that if my car serves to annoy shallow minded individuals such as you then I'm delighted I own it!

[ QUOTE ]

anyone who drives them has a stereotype of being a certain sort of driver

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat Porsche, Audi, Mercedes etc etc...

[ QUOTE ]

and they did Rover over in a really nasty way.

Will that do?

[/ QUOTE ]

OmiHemps summed it up perfectly. They did Rover a favour in the long run. Look at its current management if you want to apportion blame for their lack of credibility, stability and even the slightest glimmer of creativity in their range...(do they have a range, or just a facelift list?).

I'm afraid to say your comments are about as stereotypical as they get.

Never mind. You've given me a good laugh anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh hang on - I've just spotted you drive a Peugeot 309 GTi.

Now I know why you're so pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Git!! Not a GTi. tongue.gif

Calm down dear, it's only a discussion forum! - I'm sure you're aware of a huge number of middle-management tossers who drive around in entry-level 3 Series, thinking they own the road and rule the world because they get more money and responsibility than people who don't brown-nose management.

Because these idiots have jaded other people's views of our lovely machines, we mustn't fall foul to having a go at them. We should exemplify that those who own BMW for the right reasons aren't jumped up dickwads who'll cut you up, blind you with constant foglights and have no idea what an indicator does!

That might mean not jumping down their throats because they've not had the chance to see how lovely we all are!

p.s. - Got new neon lights and washer-jet LEDs today, should really make my bling glitter! suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't like them because they're too expensive, I don't like the look of them, they're a status symbol (penis extension wink.gif ), anyone who drives them has a stereotype of being a certain sort of driver and they did Rover over in a really nasty way.

Will that do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a life and go over to scoobynet.

BMW do appear to have more of a Love/Hate type thing going on than most marques, there's no denying that.

There is certainly a fair amount of BMW drivers who really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car, but you can't paint all BMW drivers with the same brush.

BMWs may not be cheap, but there are lots of people willing to pay for one, be-it new or secondhand, so the prices just reflect demand for them. People aren't prepared to pay £5K for a ten year old Mondeo, but they will for a ten year old 3 Series.

I was trying to explain my reasons for disliking BMW's, I said nothing about the people who own them.

Also, I appear to have had my throat jumped down when I was being nothing but polite!

Of course you're going to defend your marque of car but there's no need to be offensive.

I also dislike Porsches, Ferraris and Lamborghinis, does this make me a bad person wink.gif