Ordered mine today

quozl

Well I just got back from the VW dealer here in Brisbane having placed my order for the R32. jump.gif

They are only bringing 200 to Australia and 42 have now been pre ordered. They weren't going to bring the car out here other than 3 for racing in the GTP series but then realised they had to sell 200 so the car could be homologated to race as the rules state they need a run of at least 200.

Went with the Deep Blue Pearl but the only other choices were Silver and Black no other colours available here, only leather interior available as well and no Satnav available so I'll have to install an after market blaupunkt one I guess. 59,900 Australian for the car so around 23,025 Pounds. How does that compare to the price you guys are paying there?

Build date will be May with delivery in August so I'll have to make do with the Mk4 GTI till then. The interesting thing was I had more info on the car than the dealer had been given thansk to this forum and the links provided in it so I'm sending him all the videos and links to the pictures here on the site. He did mention that if any of you in the UK want one due to the shortage there he would be pleased to take orders and arrange shipping back to the UK crazy.gif

Cheers Alastair

[ QUOTE ]

hey al good news!

price seems similar i think mine was 24K with leather and delta upgrade on the radio and a cd stack in the back...

oh and we only have three colours on it here too... oh no and red! smile.gif so four... i lied...

welcome to the club... and only 200 is gonna make it one exclusive car smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bison,

Now to pick the plate. I can get a blue background with white lettering and any combination of 6 letters or numbers. So far I've thought about QIK-R32 or 1of200 or Blu R32 etc but if any of you have a great combo to suggest for the personalised plates please let me know.

Out of curiosity what is the Delta upgrade on the radio all about? Is that the Satnav unit? I hadn't heard of it before your post.

Cheers Alastair

What do you mean 4 colours? They only show 3 in the brochure, but you can order loads of colours if your dealer has been made aware.

I thought VW had various grades of Stereo that went something like Beta, Delta, Gamma, Monsoon - the latter I dont think we see much here in the UK.

i have just ordered my one in blue with all of the options through a company called euro import in the UK. they have quoted me a delivery date some time at the start of may adn it works out cheaper than through the uk dealers because the sat nave is £1000 less. the may delivery date is much better than through the uk wholesalers, i ordered one first through the high wycome branch at christmas and they quoted me a date of some time in august!

if you are thinking of buying a R32 buy via import!! pengy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Al i am looking at placing an order this weekend. I am located in Sydney, the dealer has quoted 64k drive away. The 60K you quoted, does that include rego, insurance etc? Did you try and get a discount?

The dealer told me that they will be available in Oz in Sept or Oct this year. Were you told August by the dealer or read this in the press?

Anyway i think you made a good choice, hopefully this weekend i will be one of 200 lucky people in Oz.

Cheers,

Ash

[ QUOTE ]

From some other BBS's Ive heard that Euro Imports have promised some delivery dates they cant hold. One guy got so pissed he got his deposit back]

How long ago did this happen and was the car an R32?

So far they are 2 weeks later than they originally said. they are now quoting a build date of week 18 (4 weeks time). The thing is even if this does drag on then it will still probably work out sooner than the August delivery date of High Wycombe.

What do you think and do you think this could drag on longer and cause me too much stress?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif