Number plate twat - you sad sad person!

Colin M

But they can only mark them up cos idiots are prepared to pay the premium for them.

Can't blame the number plate companies for getting the maximum they can from a plate, same as any business maximising profit from a product. At the end of the day, if people will pay it, they'll charge it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You sad sad person. Why aren't the police onto idiots like this? Almost every day I see some wannabe with their plate in an odd typeface or the usual distortion of spacing trying desperately to make their £250 plate look something special.

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif. Relax, it don't hurt nobody, do it? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd argue that it does.

As someone else said earlier, they had to look very carefully to see what the actual reg. number was due to the misplacing and altering of letters/numbers.

So if someone crashes into your car when it's parked at the road side (or even worse, runs someone over!) and witnesses can't give the registration number to the police as they couldn't make out what it was, that would indeed hurt very much.

There was a lot of research into how easy different plate styles make the reg. number to read and memorise, before the new plate style was invented.

People messing around with the typface, spacing and screw colours etc need prosecuting.

Quite agree.

Plus, if you allow "minor" fiddling, where do you draw the line?

Well its only slighty altered, you can still read it...

Sure, but the next bloke has done the same, but put a different colour screw head on. Only slightly different again.

And the next one after that has done the same, but altered the typeface slightly...

Etc etc etc.

Number plate rules for typestyle and spacing are pretty easy to understand. Deviate from them and your plate is illegal.

Not a difficullt one really... crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Lock em up, confiscate the car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, stop the bus. All I was saying is at the end of the day, of all the the things that can be wrong with a car the reg plate being fecked with is the only one that makes me laugh. All the others like tax, insurance, MOT, bald tyres, badly adjusted headlights, non functioning headlights, fog lights when there's no fog, limo tint on front windows.... the list goes on and on. All these things are worse than some wannabe fecker messing with a private reg. The boys need to stop him, slap him and get him to change it back to looking the way it should. Plain stupid, not fecking stupid. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You sad sad person. Why aren't the police onto idiots like this? Almost every day I see some wannabe with their plate in an odd typeface or the usual distortion of spacing trying desperately to make their £250 plate look something special.

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif. Relax, it don't hurt nobody, do it? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd argue that it does.

As someone else said earlier, they had to look very carefully to see what the actual reg. number was due to the misplacing and altering of letters/numbers.

So if someone crashes into your car when it's parked at the road side (or even worse, runs someone over!) and witnesses can't give the registration number to the police as they couldn't make out what it was, that would indeed hurt very much.

There was a lot of research into how easy different plate styles make the reg. number to read and memorise, before the new plate style was invented.

People messing around with the typface, spacing and screw colours etc need prosecuting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take your point. It's all a matter of degree. I'm not talking about plates that are unreadable. I'm talking about some Jo Blo who thinks he's Mr Big by buying a plate and fecking wth it a bit. I agree that anyone with an illegal plate should be stopped but it's not the crime of the century and there are far more dangerous things that you can feck with on a motor. The fact that we see so many around leads me to think that perhaps the local boys in blue are not too bothered either. Man hours you know. A reg plate will not cause that accident we all want to avoid. It might in some cases make it harder to report, that's all. Having a bald tyre, now that will kill, you see that all the time, just have a look on day as you walk through a car park. sekret.gif

Because it is the saddest thing you can do, who are you trying to tell, it is safe to assume that the majority of people out there are a 'mum' or a 'dad' without feeling the need to proclaim it to all and sundry.

In truth, it is the kids and parents who are to blame, I'll wager that nobody would buy a 'mum' plate for themselves, it would be the son/daughter who do that, but they must take the blame for applying it to the vehicle.

When I get older, if I am ever purchesed a 'dad' numberplate, I will thank them, explain that although I am greatful, there is just no way I could ever apply it to a car, and then barrack them mercilessly for the next 20 years for being so tasteless, I thought I had brought them up not to be so 'naff'!

[ QUOTE ]

Because it is the saddest thing you can do, who are you trying to tell, it is safe to assume that the majority of people out there are a 'mum' or a 'dad' without feeling the need to proclaim it to all and sundry.

In truth, it is the kids and parents who are to blame, I'll wager that nobody would buy a 'mum' plate for themselves, it would be the son/daughter who do that, but they must take the blame for applying it to the vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

who squeezed the jam out of your doughnut mate?! tongue.gif I bet your plates bollocks!!! ..... or have you got an expensive one seeings as it is on a porsche. yelrotflmao.gif

Truth is its a family thing, I am presuming then that you are not happily married and have been for 15 years with three gorgeous children, an R32 with a reg plate VW 04 FUN and a family car VW Touran VW 04 MUM, I am a mum............but occasionally I like some FUN !!!! ECLIPSe.gif