SWIRL REMOVAL PART 2!

CARACTERE 007

well i said a few weeks back i was going to do this and listed a whole list of meguiras gear...well heres the results... Manythanks to John from Cleanandshiny.co.uk who got some stuff that i though you couldnt get here in the uk, cheers fella 169144-ok.gif.

ok before.... taken in the garage so you can see the swirls, hella swirly blush.gif

375610-swirls.jpg

post-450-137914300739_thumb.jpg

post-450-137914300742_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi smiddy,

right i used, a dewalt 443 random orbital sander (from machine mart),with a meguiars w8006 polishing pad.

products i used were,

meguiars dual action cleaner polish

meguiars speed glaze

toped with deep crystal system stage 2 (pure polish)

then NXT

i did try the P21s carnuba wax on half of the boot which ive heard great things about, but to be honest i thought the nxt made the paint work sparkle whereas the p21s made it more wet looking.

going to try some vanilla moose and poor boys stuff soon. cool.gif

Can I just say that your results look stunning. 169144-ok.gif

How did you find using the Meguiars bodyshop grade products

like speed glaze and dual action cleaner polish. Any tips on the techiques to use with the orbital polisher..

I've used cheap machine polishers before and have been fairly pleased with the results, however I really just used it for a final polish rather than applying the polish itself.

Started using Meguiars products last year and have been well impressed.

Only used the gold class wash, claybar and gold class wax before, but have to say I'm tempted to try the speed glaze.

Did you find that speed glaze wasn't as good as the dual action polish ?

beerchug.gif

^^speed glaze is roughly 4/10 on an abrasive scale whereas DACP or no. 83 is a 6/10. It is usual to start with no.83 and follow up with no. 80 (speed glaze) to remove any 'clouding' that the no. 83 induces.

Technically speed glaze isn't as good at cutting as no. 83 but it does contain some very nice polishing oils that give imo a far better shine.

Thanks,

So what about using it with the orbital polisher.

I've heard about burning the paint. I take it one of the causes of this happening is by letting the polisher run in

the one area for too long.

When I used the basic polisher I kept it moving all the time to avoid any problems.

I take it the important thing with the more powerful ones is keeping it constantly moving and not to apply pressure.

beerchug.gif

hi ,

sorry forgot about this thread smashfreakB.gif

right...ive read many times that you should always the least aggresive product. so i first went for the speed glaze set it to speed 4 on the random orbital, this got rid of 90% of the swirls and the rest i went at with the DACP #83 this is pretty aggressive stuff and i manged to get the rest of the swirls out. the bumper however is another story and is really heavily swirled and i now need to step up and use a more aggresive pad to tackle that, so im going to buy a meguiars 7006 pad and use DACP to get rid of the offending gits!grin.gif

the pro range of meguiars products are very easy to use, not had one problem with them at all, very pleased with them.

the random orbital will never burn your paint, this is due to the pad constantly moving and not allowing enough heat to build up to burn you paint. would i go back to use my hands...no way!..the random orbital not only saves time but i end up using less product.

these videos are very good http://www.meguiars.com/clinics/clinics_template.cfm

i tend to find i dont speed up the movement of my arms, just up and down movements or side to side but making sure i overlap each pass by 50% as i move, shows it well in the video.

[ QUOTE ]

hi smiddy,

right i used, a dewalt 443 random orbital sander (from machine mart),with a meguiars w8006 polishing pad.

products i used were,

meguiars dual action cleaner polish

meguiars speed glaze

toped with deep crystal system stage 2 (pure polish)

then NXT

i did try the P21s carnuba wax on half of the boot which ive heard great things about, but to be honest i thought the nxt made the paint work sparkle whereas the p21s made it more wet looking.

going to try some vanilla moose and poor boys stuff soon. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tried to look for that sander (out of curiousity only you understand......) and it appears they dont do it anymore?

Is there a new model I wonder or have they just stopped doing it? Do you know if there are other sanders out there that will do the same job?

edit: ok I don't understand but I did I search via google and it picked it up - where as it didn't WITHIN machine mart's own website search engine confused.gif

you also need a pad, you can get a 8006 pad to get rid of small swirls here http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9865 or 7006 pad to get rid of moderate swirls.

the dw443 uses a hook and loop velcro system , hence you need the velcro backed pads when buying buffer/ plish or cutting pads,..its great and allows you to change pads very quickly!